• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shopping for a Brachypelma

tarantallie

Long term commitment or short term? Males can live 5-8 years...females 25 plus. Some people are ok with a commitment with a pet for 5 years verses naming it to the next of kin in your will.;)
With that said I think I’ll go with a Female. I’d like to think I’ll live to see another 25 years. Can’t say for certain though. But I’ll be in it for the long term.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Heres my Grammostola pulchra. I have her in one of these enclosures from Zoo med. They are perfect for terrestrial spiders and are low profile so you dont have to worry about falling or injury. They run between $40-$50 for the enclosure.
20200308_173111.jpg
Screenshot_20200409-092727_Chrome.jpg

tarantallie

Heres my Grammostola pulchra. I have her in one of these enclosures from Zoo med. They are perfect for terrestrial spiders and are low profile so you dont have to worry about falling or injury. They run between $40-$50 for the enclosure. View attachment 44644View attachment 44645
Hey, just curious how big is your spider? and any “keepers” you guys would suggest who have Grammostolas for sale? And just making sure, I should go with the zoo med creature den low profile enclosure?thanks so much

Last edited:

tarantallie

Hi, I’m planning on going with this T. It’s a “female 15cm.” And I’ll be going with this enclosure. Will the enclosure compliment the tarantula? I‘m a little OCD and am just double checking and am making sure I comprehend things correctly. I mean no harm. I’m just a little slow at times.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi, I’m planning on going with this T. It’s a “female 15cm.” And I’ll be going with this enclosure. Will the enclosure compliment the tarantula? I‘m a little OCD and am just double checking and am making sure I comprehend things correctly. I mean no harm. I’m just a little slow at times.
Looks good to me :) no harm in double checking :)

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
G. pulchripes is a wonderful first T, albeit slow growing, it can get quite large and slightly more inquisitive than a pet rock.

Do a bunch of research and get ready for the commitment before jumping in with a new, large T.

Have a good source for food items, for starters, and get the tank setup before the T arrives.

Congrats on entering a fun hobby, responsibly

Latest posts