• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Removing Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You can do whatever you choose, I find that a meager $10 a year is one of the many small ways I can passively give back to this community even though I've been an active contributor and gone out of my way to help the membership
I could not agree more…:)

plessey

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Keeping a forum up and running costs money.
Yes it does but the upkeep of the forum is not my financial responsibility. No member is under any obligation to support the forum financially, whether that be through donations or the rather abundant ads. If some members choose to then good for them. Most however, probably won't. Them's the breaks I'm afraid.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes it does but the upkeep of the forum is not my financial responsibility. No member is under any obligation to support the forum financially, whether that be through donations or the rather abundant ads. If some members choose to then good for them. Most however, probably won't. Them's the breaks I'm afraid.
You've made your position abundantly clear, and you're entitled to your opinion.

Please remember, free forums don't exist simply out of people willing them to be. Someone has to pay for software and hosting and maintenance and updates and bandwidth and security. Nothing in life is truly free.

Your concerns with the ads and your unwillingness to contribute less than $0.85 a month to be relieved of the burden of experiencing them is interesting; if I'm being generous.

In the absence of contributions from membership, advertising revenue is the only thing that supports a free forum like TF. Them's the breaks, too.

Last edited:

plessey

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You've made your position abundantly clear, and you're entitled to your opinion.

Please remember, free forums don't exist simply out of people willing them to be. Someone has to pay for software and hosting and maintenance and updates and bandwidth and security. Nothing in life is truly free.

Your concerns with the ads and your unwillingness to contribute less than $0.85 a month to be relieved of the burden of experiencing them is interesting; if I'm being generous.

In the absence of contributions from membership, advertising revenue is the only thing that supports a free forum like TF. Them's the breaks, too.
Yes I have made my position clear yet people still keep quoting my posts and chipping in.

Yes someone does have to pay and that is the owner, Josh. He knew this when he first set up the forum. If he wishes to offset the costs with donations and ads then he can. It's his train set after all.

You chose to pay for an ad free experience, I didn't. It's really not interesting at all.

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
This thread was started by someone who asked if there was any way to get rid of the ads. We don't care if you want to donate or not, but we're answering the OP's question: to get rid of the ads, contribute a bit, join the club!

Status
Not open for further replies.