• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Proud new owner

Meludox

3 Year Member
Age is impossible to know as it varies greatly on the feeding schedule, temps and sex of the spider. As for the sex, take a clear photo of the underside of the abdomen for others to guess. However, the only sure way to sex it is by its molt.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I saved her molt from last week. What should I look for?
You're looking for the presence or absence of spermatheca, which will look different depending on the species. You're best bet is to just Google this or try finding a video on YouTube. There are some good books out there written by experienced keepers that you may want to look into getting, and which also discuss the topic at hand.

rénee

3 Year Member
If you go under forums and then "what sex Is my tarantula" there is a information there and also other people too, some helpful somewhere in there I'm sure too :)

Timmy G

3 Year Member
If you go under forums and then "what sex Is my tarantula" there is a information there and also other people too, some helpful somewhere in there I'm sure too :)

You're looking for the presence or absence of spermatheca, which will look different depending on the species. You're best bet is to just Google this or try finding a video on YouTube. There are some good books out there written by experienced keepers that you may want to look into getting, and which also discuss the topic at hand.

AWESOME. Thank you.

Latest posts