• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pandemic!!!

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Coming back from my break and just came a whisker to being knocked down by an old man on a mobility scooter, tearing it up the precinct like a boy racer. ****s sake, shouldn't he be self isolating?!

E

ExMember

Just read that costco is not accepting any returns on tp and people that bought a lifetime supply are really ticked off!

regalis

Just read that costco is not accepting any returns on tp and people that bought a lifetime supply are really ticked off!
Everyone is buying bog roll thinking they are gonna need 500 rolls because they will live forever. I went into a shop today and they were selling unwrapped singles. They must be catering for those who think they are definitely gonna die! Both ends of the spectrum!

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Everyone is buying bog roll thinking they are gonna need 500 rolls because they will live forever. I went into a shop today and they were selling unwrapped singles. They must be catering for those who think they are definitely gonna die! Both ends of the spectrum!

That is the funniest thing ever :D

regalis

I'm not Welsh but might as well be. I spend most of my time here lol. I'm from Manchester but I have some cottages here in anglesey. I'm so in love with the place. I'm thinking of selling up everything in Manchester and staying!

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I'm not Welsh but might as well be. I spend most of my time here lol. I'm from Manchester but I have some cottages here in anglesey. I'm so in love with the place. I'm thinking of selling up everything in Manchester and staying!

It's a lovely place. I know it has a long written history that goes back to the Druids and the Roman Invasion, which is awesome. Only visited once as a kid. Must return one day.

The North Wales people have a bad rep for being unaccepting of outsiders and refusing to speak English in shops etc. It sounds like you haven't had any trouble and aren't having problems mixing which is great. Perhaps we shouldn't generalise!

Only been to Manchester once, to the BBC studios which was an experience. It's an amazing city. I could have stayed there for weeks just exploring!

regalis

View attachment 44195how can you not fall in love!
It's a lovely place. I know it has a long written history that goes back to the Druids and the Roman Invasion, which is awesome. Only visited once as a kid. Must return one day.

The North Wales people have a bad rep for being unaccepting of outsiders and refusing to speak English in shops etc. It sounds like you haven't had any trouble and aren't having problems mixing which is great. Perhaps we shouldn't generalise!

Only been to Manchester once, to the BBC studios which was an experience. It's an amazing city. I could have stayed there for weeks just exploring!
Some dont accept outsiders but I have spent a lot of time there over the last twenty or so years so I'm part of the fixtures and fittings now lol. I even got myself a little boat. I love a bit of fishing. (Think I'm a guy without a dongle)!
Screenshot_20190812-155358_Gallery.jpg
how can anyone not fall in love with this? Love getting snaps of the island with my drone lol :cool:

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 44195how can you not fall in love!

Some dont accept outsiders but I have spent a lot of time there over the last twenty or so years so I'm part of the fixtures and fittings now lol. I even got myself a little boat. I love a bit of fishing. (Think I'm a guy without a dongle)!View attachment 44196how can anyone not fall in love with this? Love getting snaps of the island with my drone lol :cool:

So beautiful, I could fall in love with a view like that too

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Just want to share with you guys, one funny interaction with a customer today, that really made my morning.

So this man comes in wearing a mask, hat and gloves and he apologises for wearing the mask. Then he went, "I said to the missus this morning, last time I went into a shop dressed like this, I got sent down for 6 years!"

Soulman

The lockdown is rubbish,just sounds like someone's day to day living.I think the idea is you only go to one shop,which you can get everything you need.Then back home.But you can go for a bike ride or jog past the masked people.why not jog to all Five shops etc A to E on the map.

regalis

My favourite meme is the one that says :

When you find out that your way of life is called QUARANTINE!!!

That's me!! Work, home, rinse & repeat lol
One positive about the lockdown..... you can still get stuff delivered. I have 3 exo terras, cork bark tubes, substrate, plants all getting delivered today between three and four. I'm in the garden relaxing and waiting. God bless you Amazon! :p

Soulman

Jess your not on your own,your feeling the stress so are lots.It's got people scared.I went to my local pet shop,only not to be allowed in.got what I needed and left.on the way back people going in the road to avoid me.I feel for you and all who have young children.I would be scared.I try and stay at home,I would not won't to give someone it,just in case.I'm not the only one many more are.maybe shop ect,need to go back to the old times.I'm 51 so I remember those times.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Had to console a team member today who was ready to lose his ****, as a female customer who was buying nail polish (since when was that essential? Boris said food & medicines, not make up!!) sneezed right at him, with no attempt to cover it.

We are concerned that the government will insist on more shop closures as still people are not listening. Yesterday, out of every 10 people, approx 5 are buying essentials. The other 5 haven't got anything in their basket that you could call essential. What's the no 1 thing these idiots are leaving the house for? Paint! They are going to decorate. Also selling lots of gardening stuff. The majority of workers feel these people are risking catching and transmitting the virus every time they leave the house and putting everyone at risk, including us, the people who work in these essential shops, that everyone relies on to stay open.

My kid wanted to go to the shop for a bar of chocolate. I said no way, she'd have to wait for me to do the main (now the only) weekly grocery shop and get it then, and we'd do some baking instead.

However, get ready as UK shops and supermarkets will change massively in the coming weeks to try and slow the spread of Covid. From mid April all the manned tills and service desks will have a plastic screen (similar to banks) so noone will be able to sneeze, snot and cough on us then lol.

E

ExMember

Had to console a team member today who was ready to lose his ****, as a female customer who was buying nail polish (since when was that essential? Boris said food & medicines, not make up!!) sneezed right at him, with no attempt to cover it.

We are concerned that the government will insist on more shop closures as still people are not listening. Yesterday, out of every 10 people, approx 5 are buying essentials. The other 5 haven't got anything in their basket that you could call essential. What's the no 1 thing these idiots are leaving the house for? Paint! They are going to decorate. Also selling lots of gardening stuff. The majority of workers feel these people are risking catching and transmitting the virus every time they leave the house and putting everyone at risk, including us, the people who work in these essential shops, that everyone relies on to stay open.

My kid wanted to go to the shop for a bar of chocolate. I said no way, she'd have to wait for me to do the main (now the only) weekly grocery shop and get it then, and we'd do some baking instead.

However, get ready as UK shops and supermarkets will change massively in the coming weeks to try and slow the spread of Covid. From mid April all the manned tills and service desks will have a plastic screen (similar to banks) so noone will be able to sneeze, snot and cough on us then lol.

If you have coco powder and icing suger and butter you could make some chocolate frosting to cure your kids sugar fix. We used to make tubs of that while video game binging as little kids and eat it till we upchucked! Cured the sugar fix and then some!