• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New keeper here.. Well, soon will be ️

Well, Psalmopeus irminia are very flighty and sometimes defensive. They are an old world tarantula (hence, potent venom). I definitely wouldn't recommend it until you research to no end on this one. The other species you listed would be ok for a beginner. As far as the Caribena versicolor just make sure you have ample cross ventilation and you will be fine. I notice a lot of beginners lose that species due to simple hobby mistakes. There is tons of info on this forum and if not, there are plenty of folks to help you along your journey! :)
I Thought these where one of the few, new words, but posses a more potent venom?
Not a T. I will not rush out and buy, took me 15yrs to decipher what i really wanted for my first T's.
Can you reccomend any good info on this species Please.
Thanks, verry much?

Well, Psalmopeus irminia are very flighty and sometimes defensive. They are an old world tarantula (hence, potent venom). I definitely wouldn't recommend it until you research to no end on this one. The other species you listed would be ok for a beginner. As far as the Caribena versicolor just make sure you have ample cross ventilation and you will be fine. I notice a lot of beginners lose that species due to simple hobby mistakes. There is tons of info on this forum and if not, there are plenty of folks to help you along your journey! :)
I Thought these where one of the few, new words, but posses a more potent venom?
Not a T. I will not rush out and buy, took me 15yrs to decipher what i really wanted for my first T's.
Can you reccomend any good info on this species Please.
Thanks, verry much?