• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New additions!

Grandsouls

These two are quickly becoming my favourite. Collection in future most likely will have a lot of avics and pokies haha!
Next will be the p Metallica hopefully!
DC42897E-2DE7-4952-8B09-0BB2EA6C59FC.jpeg

The regalis is so calm. Eats like a beast but I had to change something in enclosure and it is very slow and calm.
My male G porter male Jumped and bolted up my tongs and almost bit me today however! They can move bloody fast if they want to.
Shows how truly unpredictable they can be at times haha
04AF75EC-7062-45AE-842D-18A044D23EDB.jpeg

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My T violaceous just matured, male

He looks like a bunch of pipe cleaners stuck into a wad of chewing gum, rolled in beard trimmings lol lanky fellow

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Omg that discription !
I’m sure he's prettier than that hahaha.

I read they mature in a year how fast did your boy grow?
I rescued him from my LPS a month or two ago. He molted twice in his deli cup containers her there - no one wanted him :(
I have no idea how long he was there or how fast he grew.

I posted pics in Media of time tonight

Grandsouls

Awh how could no one want him! Silly people, I quite fancy them to be honest. Mine has insane feeding response. My G porteri male jumped out of his hide into my tongs and bolted on my arm today. It was so fast, my regalis just slowly walks around unless there’s cricket then lighting speed lol. But I would easily compare the speed with my H Mac, they can all move fast I guess apparently. Regardless between him and my moody female I don’t understand how people call them “pet rocks” lol

Grandsouls

Just realized I never posted the T violaceous
Here it is and it’s new home

B6FD3C0F-ED55-41BF-BF1E-0618834895EF.jpeg

8D896EE4-6F40-47EF-A256-8ECDFD01B0B1.jpeg

52309A9A-9C08-458A-ACBE-5DAFCF2DB0F3.jpeg
has made tunnel Behind leaf and sticks kinda webbed them so there all glued together made nice tunnel
Sorry hard to see through the green bottle

Grandsouls

EDF20D19-47D7-440A-AAFA-9EDA4D086A59.jpeg

Avic webbed whole top of her cage and so I cracked open the lid as going to feed but when I cracked the lid she barely moved think she’s molting right away. So i tried not to do anymore damage and put lid back on. She has a giant web hammock on the top now. I can sex it!