• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My inverts (mostly tarantulas)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This is where I'm finding scorpions at work, in the decorative rocks along the buildings.
WP_20160611_23_32_32_Pro.jpg

WP_20160611_23_32_49_Pro.jpg

Once they startle, they are quick, and chasing them through deep piles of fist sized rocks..sucks..This is my last wc. vittatus. Have plenty to start a colony..oh and one more I caught before this pic :) Saw two A anax as well.
WP_20160611_23_34_51_Pro.jpg

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This one has been run away from the automatic doors 3 times. He keeps coming back, and I figured out why: Theres a female that's living between a crack in the concrete that leads to a cave. I couldn't get a decent pic. He better get to her quick..shes right in front of an automated door:(
WP_20160612_00_40_29_Pro.jpg

That's the edge of the auto door, she's down under that crack, I saw her, and he knows she's there..he gave me a threat pose when I drove him off the last time..i locked the door, but it has to open by 6...he gonna get squished if he's not done by then.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So, two males and one female spotted, plus about ten scorps, but i only took 2. I saw some litle second instar babies, but they dissappear fast, or i would have grabbed them. The babies are hunted more than hunter..oh and i got stung on the knuckle. No mark, no swelling, mild burning pain and injured pride. Dont try to grab a scorpion by the tail when its running from you..lol. Biggest female ive seen, and she got away. I know where she lives though :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Updated collection

Scorpions:
3 H. Jayakari
2 H. arizonensis
4 Rh. junceus
3 C. sculpturatus
6 C. gracilis
1 C. margaritatus
1 H. paucidens
1 S. mesaensis
2 H. cyaneus
2 Hoffmannius spinigerus

Tarantulas:
1 A avic
2 A anax
1 B smithi
1 B albopilosum
2 B boehmei
1 B vagans
1 C lividus
1 G pulchra
1 G rosea
1 G pulchripes
2 A geniculata
4 Phormictopus sp green
2 Phormictopus atrichomatus
3 Lasiodora parahybana
1 Lasiodora dificilis
3 Psalmopoeus campbridgei
1 Xenesthis sp white
1 P regalis
1 P metallica
4 H sp columbia lg.
4 P mascara
1 P platyomma
1 gbb
3 Theraphosa stirmi
2 Davos pentalore
1 Euathlus sp tiger
10 Neoholothele incei gold/ communal
2 C bertae
1 P sazimai

Other inverts
2 Damon variegatus
1 hisser communal (A insignis, G portentosa(hybrid) and E javanica)
1 lateralis colony
1 dubia colony
1 Red Goblin colony

Last edited:

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
I'm going with the same theory I apply to all my inverts, proper sub for each sp, lots of cross vent, extra moisture for babies, proper hides/ climbs, and keeping my room at 78 daytime, 74 nightime. What bothers me about scorplings is no water dishes. So you have to pay more attention to feeding and flooding, or misting for dry sp. Adults all get dishes, but apparently scorplings are suicidal.. Btw, check this out. The south Texas scorpion roach mantis head. That's its scientific name...
View attachment 17192

Lol, nice Giant water bug, (Lethocerus sp), love these guys. When I lived in Florida I tried to find these but only ever found the smaller genus Belostoma. :( BTW, don't get bit by one, I was once bit by one of their much smaller cousins, a creeping water bug in the genus Pelocoris, that thing hurt pretty freaking bad, don't even want to think about what one of the Lethocerus could do...

Telson

3 Year Member
Update on my collection (Can't log back into my account)
My C margaritata are growing faster then any invert I've ever seen, they'll all be adults soon and then it's baby making time :) My Lp, and two wild caught A anax are most likely pregnant.(I know, common spiders, but who cares:) )
Another A avic molted into a MM, so I ate it. J/k, lol. I had trouble finding someone to take the last one, so I decided to release him in my horse stable, let him live the remainder of his time free, and maybe he'll at least attempt to get some nookie with a local Aphonopelma..lol. Or maybe a bird will eat him..thats on him though.
My gracilis babies are doing well, I gave all but 8 of them to friends, as I have more coming any day now..:p Be warned, when you keep scorpions communally, they don't waste time reproducing:) I released two vittatus mommas with babies, I have 4 others who are gravid, plus several adults. They were released in my garage, out of the heat, but it's open ended, so it's perfect for them. This isn't making me very popular with family, lmao, but who cares, it's my garage :p @Kymura I'm waiting for cooler weather before I ship yours, sorry but it's triple digits here :( I'm just not comfortable shipping in this heat. I'm afraid a box of dead inverts will arrive if I do..so a few months, at most, until the weather is tolerable..
My H paucidens pinched me. Again. -.-
The arizonensis juvies have both riddled their ten gallon tanks with so many tunnels I have to throw a roach in each corner to make sure they find one..you think B albos are tunnelers? They're amateurs;)
My G pulchra female now has the longest premolt of any spider ive seen at her size. (3")
Rehoused 3 campbridgei slings, my juvie gbb, and an Lp sling.
All the rest are doing well, slings and adults. My favorites, the 4 P sp green and the two P mascara and the P antinous are as gorgeous and healthy as ever. The big female sp green is about to be rehoused, she's only molted once in my care but she grew considerably, and she's turning out to be one hell of a display spider..pics will follow. I have ceased acquiring both spiders and scorpions. I have plenty. -.-

I just need a stirmi.
And a C bicolor.
That's all I want now.
Seriously.

Telson

3 Year Member
Bump, so i can find it faster and add updated pics in a few days. I miss my old lumia phone..much better camera then this galaxy. I do have plans for a true macro rig, but that will be later, its going to be expensive :eek: I consider it a must have, though..:rolleyes:

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Added a large female P platyomma purchased from the lovely CaseyK, and just finished the transaction for a 3 1/2" female B boehmei and a 3" female B albiceps :D They ship monday. Got those from Umbra on Fauna Classifieds, solid guy to deal with. 3rd purchase from him. Pics to come..

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The boehmei and albiceps are here, smithi comes in tomorrow, then I'll get my old lumia out and take pics. The albiceps and boehmei both kicked A LOT of hair off in transit. The smithi probably will too. In fact I'm going to wait on pics, I want them settled and eating/webbing.