• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My inverts (mostly tarantulas)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well, I just got a new phone with a half decent camera, and can now take semi decent, non blurry pictures, so I figured I would start a picture thread of my collection. I'll do a few at a time, eventually I'll have them all up, even the hiders. Here's a few from my feeding/maintenance check today.

My male boehmei
newphone 024.jpg

My sub adult female GBB. She speaks for herself :)
newphone 043.jpg

My juvenile male pulchripes, the fastest growing Grammastola I've ever seen. Also, touched in the carapace and quite aggressive. He behaves like the worst of the P cancerides I've heard about, actually trying to come out of his enclosure at me. Here he is feeding on an adult male dubia. He's around four inches. I'm very fond of this psycho :)

newphone 036.jpg

This is one of six sp columbia large slings, she was nice enough to pose. All of them have decent obt- like web tunnels started, and are burrowing as well. They all seem to come out periodically though, which is refreshing.

newphone 033.jpg

This is my juvie female B vagans, who's going through an awkward teenager phase and doesn't come out of her room much lately. She's around 4 inches, also feeding on an adult male dubia. My spiders work tirelessly to make sure the male to female ratio in my dubia colony is correct :)

newphone 047.jpg

And this is the adult male Lp waiting on my female to molt. I've handled him three times now, very docile and tolerant, he reminds me of Amblypigi, except with big fangs. He's around 7 1/2 inches. He's eaten only three times for me, including tonight. He's still looking good though. And my female is well into premolt.

newphone 050.jpg

And my EBT, showing a threat pose to a play item.

newphone 018.jpg

She eventually calmed down and fed on the play item.
newphone 017.jpg

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
awesome looking spiders. love the Chaco "touched in the carapace." that made me laugh. nerd. lol also ur bull terrier is gorgeous. a dog on my wishlist someday.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lol! Yeah she's cool..I've had some good dogs, and some really smart ones, but these are the most bull headed, loyal, mischievous dogs ever. It's like having a kid, man..it's partly my fault for spoiling her, but she's a character :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
On a side note, if you look at the campbridgei sling's enclosure at the bottom, you'll see a superworm burrowed down. I cut one in half and gave the other half to my other campbridgei sling. That one is the front half. It actually burrowed down, with half it's body ripped off. I thought it was dead, I've never seen them do this before. Just something I found interesting. Now I have to dig it out..don't want a beetle emerging, if it somehow lives and pupates.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah but at least they're down to $75 now instead of $100 or $150 a sling. I waited forever for the price to drop to a hundred..I wonder what the price will stabilize at, they're pretty common in the hobby now.
yeah maybe ill wait a little biut longer and see what happens. still fighting the wife on adding another spider to the collection anyway. lol Ususally i nag her until she is llike "Fine just get another one if itll shut u up!!" lol

Latest posts