• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

onechubbyhamster

I have just recently purchased my Nicaraguan Curly Hair sling and today noticed a light patch on their rear. First pic is when I transferred them to a proper enclosure, the second is today. I’ve done some research, but I thought it’d be best to ask here as well. I’m not too sure it’s premolt because when I purchased them there was a shedded molt in the tub. Is anyone able to help me stress less?

Attachments

• CB003E36-F583-4FC6-8A87-2E7BA3DA3C07.png
    CB003E36-F583-4FC6-8A87-2E7BA3DA3C07.png
    9.9 MB · Views: 9
  • C948D136-CFA7-432B-80C1-A6EA976EE87C.png
    C948D136-CFA7-432B-80C1-A6EA976EE87C.png
    12.7 MB · Views: 10

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It looks to me as though it has just been kicking hairs. If that patch darkens you will know a moult is imminent.

Noodlelove

I have just recently purchased my Nicaraguan Curly Hair sling and today noticed a light patch on their rear. First pic is when I transferred them to a proper enclosure, the second is today. I’ve done some research, but I thought it’d be best to ask here as well. I’m not too sure it’s premolt because when I purchased them there was a shedded molt in the tub. Is anyone able to help me stress less?
Oh this is so cute! I have a little one of the same species and he's growing like a little weed. I remember him as a tiny baby like this. What a cutie