• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Eight Legged Babies

Prudance

3 Year Member
0.1.0 G. pulchra- Leggs
0.1.0 G. rosea- Biscuit
0.0.1 B. smithi- Anderson
0.0.1 C. cyaneopubescens- Rainbow
0.1.0 L. parahybana- Rescue
0.0.1 L. klugi- Worf
0.0.1 A. avic- Cat
0.0.1 Hapalopus sp. columbia- Charlie
0.0.2 Euathlus sp. red- Link and Midna
0.1.0 was labeled B. albopilosum but I have my doubts name is Chewbecca

Leggs
IMG_1847.JPG

Biscuit
IMG_1915.JPG

Prudance

3 Year Member
I don't think she looks anything like an albopilosum either. The pic above and my avatar are true to what she looks like in real life. I am very interested in what others might think she is.

She's funny too. We did up her home all pretty with silk plants and she bulldozed the entire thing in a day, moved everything around, hid her water dish and filled her hide with substrate. Which is why we gave her the ping pong ball so she'd have something to do.

Prudance

3 Year Member
Thanks everyone for looking.

Anderson is really cool. He's a little on the shy side. Spends a good amount of he time in that hide-a-spider stance but outside of his hide.

They are amazing pets to have. Someone once asked me what it's like to have a pet spider. I told her I get to stand in awe and watch the beautiful and graceful purpose of life. These are such amazing creatures.

Prudance

3 Year Member
So I've been off running an auction fundraiser for my kids school. Now that it is over (and my pockets are empty) I have some time to participate again. In the time I've been gone almost all of my T went through a molt cycle. Boy are they all oh so pretty.

Here's Anderson It's his first molt with us.
Anderson after first molt..png

Biscuit, she's so shiny and the most easy going!
Biscuit freshly molted.png

Worf, he got a new home after this pic was taken and then molted 4 weeks later. L. klugi
worf after 2nd molt.png

Prudance

3 Year Member
Thanks all.

@HungryGhost I have some old pics somewhere but with everyone having molted I want to get some new ones. The Euathlus are so tiny they are almost see through. They are maybe a half an inch which is a hair over a centimeter. They can be hard to get a decent pic of but I'll try.

Prudance

3 Year Member
Here's some truly baby tarantulas. Our Euathlus sp. red Link and Midna. They are my kids T's. We got them at 1/3" and are now 1/2" and it's been 7 months.

Link:
link.png

Midna:
midna.png

They're almost see through!

Prudance

3 Year Member
So I got some new arrivals recently. They are my Mother's Day gifts. Here's the pics that came out well.

B. albiceps unsexed
Albiceps arrival.jpg

M. balfouri female
IMG_2681.JPG

E. campestratus baby
Tiny pzb on finger.jpg

Latest posts