• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My avic avic

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
my avic avic Pembe watched me put fresh water in her bowl and waited until i was finished and walked over a dove in. :)

Attachments

• Pembe drinking.jpg
    Pembe drinking.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 40

Therasoid

3 Year Member
my avic avic Pembe watched me put fresh water in her bowl and waited until i was finished and walked over a dove in. :)
Cool picture Entity.
Its rare to get a picture of one actually getting a drink.
You must have a camera "at the ready", whenever you're around your T's. Lol!

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That is odd to me. What is the humidity like in her tank.
TGuy,

It is about 70 - 90% usually. I let it dry out through the week though. I am afraid if i keep it too moist ill start getting mold. But i mist her cage twice a week. why? am i doing something wrong u think? but she ALWAYS has water in her bowl even when the cage is drying out. i just thought it wierd she didnt decide to go down and get a drink intil i topped it off.

tarantulaguy1994

3 Year Member
No it sound like everything is right, I only reason I though it was odd is that mine will only drink droplet off the side of her tank. She has never that I have seen go down to her water bowl. I just keep it to help humidity. I would say to try to keep it closer to 70% then 90% on the humidity. The reason she wait to drink it may be that she can not see standing water as a drink. When the water moves she may then know that it is water to drink. I am not sure that tarantula can have that, but I have a gecko that is that way, gecko and spider are very different animals. It is just my guess that this may be for the same reason.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She did it again tonight Tguy, lol I misted her cage, topped off her water dish and as i was topping it off she came over and sat there beside the dish. when i was finished topping off the bowl, she dove in. lol funny. My Dogs do that...maybe she saw them doing it? lol

Therasoid

3 Year Member
She did it again tonight Tguy, lol I misted her cage, topped off her water dish and as i was topping it off she came over and sat there beside the dish. when i was finished topping off the bowl, she dove in. lol funny. My Dogs do that...maybe she saw them doing it? lol
Monkey see, monkey do. Lol!
Apparently it knows the location of the water bowl and prefers drinking from it. You may have the one in a million water dish drinking arboreal T, not a bad thing just out of the ordinary.
Is it, by chance, coming into pre molt? May be the reason its drinking from the dish. Just a thought.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That makes sense. Ive only had her for about a month and a half now. and she ravages food usually. But the last 2 weeks i tried to feed her, she wanted nothing to do with dinner. I cant tell by her bum, all her hairs are on there.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I cant really tell she is pretty dark anyway. i dont notice much of a difference. maybe shes not in premolt. maybe she is just weird. lol she is a female. lol it goes with the sex. lol

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well that might have been what it was....getting extra water for her upcoming molt...got home from work tuesday afternoon and she was sitting beside herself.lol

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well, here is some pics...what do you guys think? female for sure?

Attachments

• 20150811_165915.jpg
    20150811_165915.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • 20150811_170038.jpg
    20150811_170038.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15

Latest posts