• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

LP BAD MOLT

Seamus

3 Year Member
Leave her be.. She's had enough stress to deal with and if she really wants she will drop the legs herself without issue :)
One of our poecilotheria striata moulted badly and dropped 4 legs but is doing really well and still climbing around and eating so they know best :)
I totally agree with you thank you for your advice

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi guys just a quick update on my big girl. Looks like the bleeding has stopped she is moving around but seems to be dragging a couple of her legs so unsure as to just leave her and see how she copes as I don't really want to remove her legs as I don't think I could do it . Any thoughts guys

Great to hear she survived. Just leave her, to decide what is best for herself now.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sorry to hear about your spider. I dont know why i didn't see this thread until now. I wanted to share a few pointers to help with what I do with a spider that is stuck.

When your trying to remove the stuck exoskeleton think of how you sex a molt. You drop that molt on water it just floats... add a small drop of dish soap it sinks. Using just water to help a spider get unstuck doesn't work very well. It only takes the smallest drop of soap to make all the difference. Avoid the booklungs...we don't want them blowing bubbles. Just a little joke there...avoid the booklungs though.

Sorry for you loss

Seamus

3 Year Member
Sorry to hear about your spider. I dont know why i didn't see this thread until now. I wanted to share a few pointers to help with what I do with a spider that is stuck.

When your trying to remove the stuck exoskeleton think of how you sex a molt. You drop that molt on water it just floats... add a small drop of dish soap it sinks. Using just water to help a spider get unstuck doesn't work very well. It only takes the smallest drop of soap to make all the difference. Avoid the booklungs...we don't want them blowing bubbles. Just a little joke there...avoid the booklungs though.

Sorry for you loss
Thank you good to know

Frogdaddy

3 Year Member

Sorry for you loss
So you're saying add a small drop of soap to the water you're spraying on the old exoskeleton, and avoid spraying the book lungs. Thank you for the info, I hope I never have to use. It.

Latest posts