• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

LP BAD MOLT

Seamus

3 Year Member
Hi guys another update after trying to molt for the past 3 days I decided to step in and help her out. I have been keeping her damp so she wouldn't harden in her exoskeleton and its taken me almost an hour to help her out of her molt. Looks like she is slightly bleeding so put cornstarch on her. She is moving about but some of her legs look a bit deformed. Hopefully I've done my best to help her survive will just leave her now and see how she copes. Will post some pics. Thanks to everyone for your input will keep you updated
20201007_174821.jpg
20201007_174834.jpg
20201007_174840.jpg
20201007_174907.jpg
20201007_175052.jpg

Seamus

3 Year Member
I was really worried when I read this and I have been refreshing it looking for the update.
I'm so glad she is out of her molt, I hope she pulls threw < 3
Thanks for your concern its been a really stressful 3 days for me and for her also I'm just hoping I have done the right thing and not hurt her in anyway

Konstantin

3 Year Member
You have done great pal.
Keep an eye on her and you may have to reapply the starch after few hours.Its good that she is moving tho
Fingers crossed for her.
Sth else to consider is to add more substrate or move her to a shallow enclosure after she hardens properly and have few meals as a fall may reopen the wound even is from a small height
Regards Konstantin

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You have done great pal.
Keep an eye on her and you may have to reapply the starch after few hours.Its good that she is moving tho
Fingers crossed for her.
Sth else to consider is to add more substrate or move her to a shallow enclosure after she hardens properly and have few meals as a fall may reopen the wound even is from a small height
Regards Konstantin
good advice.

Seamus

3 Year Member
You have done great pal.
Fingers crossed for her.
Regards Konstantin
Thanks for the advice konstantin will do

liquidfluidity

3 Year Member
This actually brings tears to my eyes. A few weeks ago, I had a T. stirmi that was stuck in molt. It didn't end well.

Anyway, you've done the best you can in this situation and that was prolly more than most. Your spider is lucky yo have a friend like you. I applaud you and your efforts. Good luck with her recovery

Seamus

3 Year Member
This actually brings tears to my eyes. A few weeks ago, I had a T. stirmi that was stuck in molt. It didn't end well.

Anyway, you've done the best you can in this situation and that was prolly more than most. Your spider is lucky yo have a friend like you. I applaud you and your efforts. Good luck with her recovery
Thanks so much for your kind words

Seamus

3 Year Member
Hi guys just a quick update on my big girl. Looks like the bleeding has stopped she is moving around but seems to be dragging a couple of her legs so unsure as to just leave her and see how she copes as I don't really want to remove her legs as I don't think I could do it . Any thoughts guys

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi guys just a quick update on my big girl. Looks like the bleeding has stopped she is moving around but seems to be dragging a couple of her legs so unsure as to just leave her and see how she copes as I don't really want to remove her legs as I don't think I could do it . Any thoughts guys
Leave her be.. She's had enough stress to deal with and if she really wants she will drop the legs herself without issue :)
One of our poecilotheria striata moulted badly and dropped 4 legs but is doing really well and still climbing around and eating so they know best :)

Latest posts