• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Last shipment for the year next Monday before it gets too cold.

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I don't like to get involved in drama or in other's transactions, nor am I taking sides in this discussion, but I do agree this should have been PM'd as @Oursapoil is a great person and one of the nicest vendors along with @Casey K. that I have ever done a transaction with. @SpiderCafe I cannot attest to how you have received your T's but I can attest to the fact that mine and your T's were shipped at the same exact time, the towel in the container was slightly moist with a heat pack under it plus there was bubble wrap and walls of styrofoam surrounding the T to ensure her safety as well as even the inside flaps of the box were taped for extra stability. My A. genic came healthy and ate immediately upon her arrival. I can also attest that this kind man did not deserve this harsh review in a public setting or even at all, you didn't even give him any credit for his consistent and diligent communication as well as his concern for your loss. i am sorry to hear about your loss @SpiderCafe and I'm sure it hurt you as much as it hurt me to hear and see this, however, FedEx is extremely careless with the handling of these packages, the box says "LIVE ANIMAL" in big letters on it and I caught the delivery guy throwing my package onto the porch. I used to work for FedEx and they abuse these packages like they were punting a football 40 yards across a field. You can say it was "poorly packed" and "wet towels", but I strongly doubt that with the experience and expertise that @Oursapoil has that he would have drowned the T in a soaking wet towel. You may want to consider taking down your complaints, by you posting this publicly, speaks volumes, but who am I to judge? Handle your business the proper way not in a childish and inconsiderate manner. I could have PM'd you this message @SpiderCafe but now you will know how it feels to embarrass someone who didn't even warrant this provocation. 2 wrongs don't make a right but we will defend our family here especially one who didn't even hesitate to show his concern and to make it right with you, without even any sort of backlash. It's a shame this great forum has to have drama and negativity like this. Hope everything works out for you @SpiderCafe .

SpiderCafe

I understand your concern and we all care about our beloved pets when they are in transit but this was a simple mistake. It's not like ordering from Backwater reptiles where they deliberately send you dead animals and refuse to refund. Oursapoil is very professional and highly reputable here in our community. Please don't judge him over one shipment when he rectified the situation.
He didn't tho, maybe learn all the facts before you say these things- I have to wait with the pulchra refund( she hasn't moved since we unboxed her) and shipping is not in his TOS. But clearly it was poorly packed on his side. He offered me refund on Theraposa after I asked several times and he complained i bothered him at dinner. It doesn't matter how many friends he has here defending him, this is my experience, you can watch it - he should have offered refund right away and not after i kept asking and only on the one spider that is completely cooked.

SpiderCafe

I don't like to get involved in drama or in other's transactions, nor am I taking sides in this discussion, but I do agree this should have been PM'd as @Oursapoil is a great person and one of the nicest vendors along with @Casey K. that I have ever done a transaction with. @SpiderCafe I cannot attest to how you have received your T's but I can attest to the fact that mine and your T's were shipped at the same exact time, the towel in the container was slightly moist with a heat pack under it plus there was bubble wrap and walls of styrofoam surrounding the T to ensure her safety as well as even the inside flaps of the box were taped for extra stability. My A. genic came healthy and ate immediately upon her arrival. I can also attest that this kind man did not deserve this harsh review in a public setting or even at all, you didn't even give him any credit for his consistent and diligent communication as well as his concern for your loss. i am sorry to hear about your loss @SpiderCafe and I'm sure it hurt you as much as it hurt me to hear and see this, however, FedEx is extremely careless with the handling of these packages, the box says "LIVE ANIMAL" in big letters on it and I caught the delivery guy throwing my package onto the porch. I used to work for FedEx and they abuse these packages like they were punting a football 40 yards across a field. You can say it was "poorly packed" and "wet towels", but I strongly doubt that with the experience and expertise that @Oursapoil has that he would have drowned the T in a soaking wet towel. You may want to consider taking down your complaints, by you posting this publicly, speaks volumes, but who am I to judge? Handle your business the proper way not in a childish and inconsiderate manner. I could have PM'd you this message @SpiderCafe but now you will know how it feels to embarrass someone who didn't even warrant this provocation. 2 wrongs don't make a right but we will defend our family here especially one who didn't even hesitate to show his concern and to make it right with you, without even any sort of backlash. It's a shame this great forum has to have drama and negativity like this. Hope everything works out for you @SpiderCafe .
You can watch it, don't have time to read this.

SpiderCafe

Except it was in soaking wet towels.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Except it was in soaking wet towels.

I understand your frustration. I have received DOA's and have had issues with the seller but I try to be understanding and professional at all times. Perhaps you should do some research, yourself, on how to be "professional". Maybe it will help. Being friends with someone is irrelevant. I don't have to be anyone's friend to know how this should and shouldn't have been handled on BOTH ENDS.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This person put a lot of work making his video and he obviously was excited about receiving his Ts, he should be more than allowed to post it.
This person reached out at 7:15pm to tell me he was unboxing, he received a refund for the dead spider at 8:04pm, less than an hour after opening the package.
As he is allowed to post a video, I would like as well to share the integrity of all communication I hate with him, on TF message and SMS. I will no longer ship spiders to prevent this from happening again but it is also fair, the same way buyers were warned, to warn future sellers.
It is not very useful and time consuming but it is important to show Enzo that we did everything we could and that sometimes an adult can be the one behaving like a child.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This person put a lot of work making his video and he obviously was excited about receiving his Ts, he should be more than allowed to post it.
This person reached out at 7:15pm to tell me he was unboxing, he received a refund for the dead spider at 8:04pm, less than an hour after opening the package.
As he is allowed to post a video, I would like as well to share the integrity of all communication I hate with him, on TF message and SMS. I will no longer ship spiders to prevent this from happening again but it is also fair, the same way buyers were warned, to warn future sellers.
It is not very useful and time consuming but it is important to show Enzo that we did everything we could and that sometimes an adult can be the one behaving like a child.

I agree with you but if he wanted to turn his experience into a review, he should've done so properly and posted in your review thread instead of doing it on your for sale post. I apologize for doing so, myself.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
BC601A0B-D488-498F-8792-BC8C08BDC27A.jpeg
7E84499D-691A-43A0-8DF7-CA3A7CEBDFD8.jpeg
DE34367D-20AE-4ABC-BEC5-B2DA113EAEA7.jpeg
9E1C9E96-F763-4E52-942C-3565DA37B33A.jpeg
1F93A170-1CD0-4CF7-BD24-9ECB8318A782.jpeg
D8438837-A343-4C61-BCC2-8C9E23EB2E59.jpeg
D8457910-3305-4B33-AE92-4BBC18DFC909.jpeg

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
To give you an idea, all the SMS were done continuously in less than an hour following the delivery, same for the refund. I am sincerely sad for the dead apophysis but I am done dealing with this Karen I have nothing to prove to.

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
To give you an idea, all the SMS were done continuously in less than an hour following the delivery, same for the refund. I am sincerely sad for the dead apophysis but I am done dealing with this Karen I have nothing to prove to.
Vinny, I agree with you 100% and you were very kind and considerate in the matter. You have nothing to prove, your reputation and reviews here speak for themselves. I also agree with @Casey K. he should have PM'D you or posted in your vendor review but in a more professional manner. I also apologize for posting here but I hate to see nice people like you get hassled like that. Don't give up on selling T's my friend, none of that was your fault, you do an amazing job raising your T's. Much love to my brothers Enzo and Vinnie.

Latest posts