• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lasiodora parahybana

Pcancerides

3 Year Member
So it's safe? What size mouse would you recommend? She is 6 inches and she has super large fangs lol

I feed some of my large terrestrials including an LP thawed fuzzy mice. I keep snakes so I have the mice available. Most of the time they won't take it off the tongs like a roach but just leave it in front of them and come back twenty minutes later and they're chowing down.

Perfectly healthy food item.

Colorado Ts

Hello,

I've heard and read online that owners feed their larger tarantulas mice? I've always fed mine crickets and or roaches but was just curious. Are mice safe to feed to tarantulas? I've also heard of hoppers or super small mice that dont pose too much of a threat. Just afraid of scratching and biting though.....can anyone help me? My Lasiodora parahybana is 6 inches.
I've heard that feeding small mammals or reptiles on a regular basis can result in a build up of calcium, resulting in problems moulting. I'd personally stick with feeding various feeder insects and not worry about it.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Cant find much more experience with tarantulas then this guy...
Schultz "wrote the book" on T keeping, literally

Pcancerides

3 Year Member
Very large Tarantulas like Pamphobeteus, A geniculata, Theraphosa, even a few Lasiodora can eat hoppers, fuzzies, or pinkies.

Just gave my largest A. geniculata a thawed fuzzy two weeks ago. I've had her for 6 1/2 years and she's been eating thawed pinks and fuzzies consistently throughout most of those 6 1/2 years.;

Phobik1

3 Year Member
You could also try those giant horn worms. With food and temps of say 78F they can get bigger n fatter than your pinky finger in a week or so.