• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Kael's Ceratogyrus darilingi Journal

Avicularia Kael

Here is a pic:

IMG_0723.JPG

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Nice pics!
Be aware though that feeding too often can lead to a long period of not eating at all until after the next moult, the appropriate way to deal with these non-eating periods is to buy another tarantula! :)

Avicularia Kael

I know I probably shouldn't pick favorites, but she has definitely been a more enjoyable T to care for and feed than my Avicularia avicularia. Also my Brachypelma albopilosum sling (1/2" leg span) died a couple days ago. :(

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I know I probably shouldn't pick favorites, but she has definitely been a more enjoyable T to care for and feed than my Avicularia avicularia. Also my Brachypelma albopilosum sling (1/2" leg span) died a couple days ago. :(
Unfortunately sometimes it's just one of those things, they are not all destined to survive to adulthood else we'd be knee deep in tarantulas.

Avicularia Kael

She is only a little over 2". Also, my parents would never let me breed them in my childhood. (I will once I have my own house and job).

Avicularia Kael

Hi guys! She has been eating much less than she did before, as Dave said. Here I am thinking she is in pre-molt, but then I drop the cricket in. She starts inching away from it, and then BAM! She lunges forward and grabs it. How I wish I recorded that.

Major 78

How did you convincente your parejas instó pertinente you get an old world? Especialy a baboon? Sorry if yo spelled something incorrecto, have mí español auto correct on, working on my spanish haha

Avicularia Kael

How did you convincente your parejas instó pertinente you get an old world? Especialy a baboon? Sorry if yo spelled something incorrecto, have mí español auto correct on, working on my spanish haha
I asked the seller at the reptile show if there were any "nicer" old worlds. He was comparing all of the old worlds to an OBT the whole time. Towards the end of our conversation he showed me how quickly a C. darlingi would get into defensive posture. He poked it a few times before it did. I ended up bringing her home obviously.

Edit: Ceratogyrus darlingi are also calmer than other baboon species. They are still highly capable of delivering a bite though!

Latest posts