• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Juvenile chaco golden knee wont eat and is hiding

Tnoob

Princess and I want to go too.
20190703_213331.jpg

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
View attachment 38920 Lol right? I've got a glock 21 myself.
I just got a S&W Shield in 9mm for carry. If you haven't tried them, you should! Impressive little carry gun. Its not expensive, either, although I paid more for night sights. I've never been a fan of subcompacts, I have large hands, but this pistol is just..nice..and you can buy mag extenders so your pinky isnt floating off the grip.

Tnoob

I've thought about getting one, but I've ran concrete through this glock, and I don't ever have an issue. I want the s&w 630

James1975

just a quick one update on the chaco golden knee.i think she is in premolt she dug her hide out dumped every thing on top.covered the whole i made for her.one night she came out i was told she might be hungary so i got some food for her as i was opening the lid she started to back down her hide,as she felt movement she turned round in her hole,i droped the food in and oh my god pounced on the food and straight down her hide with in a blink of an eye.a couple of days went buy and i had not seen her i looked in and she had sealed the enterance of her hide and have not seen her now in three weeks.my question is how long does a premolt take.ive also noticed very small flies in there.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
just a quick one update on the chaco golden knee.i think she is in premolt she dug her hide out dumped every thing on top.covered the whole i made for her.one night she came out i was told she might be hungary so i got some food for her as i was opening the lid she started to back down her hide,as she felt movement she turned round in her hole,i droped the food in and oh my god pounced on the food and straight down her hide with in a blink of an eye.a couple of days went buy and i had not seen her i looked in and she had sealed the enterance of her hide and have not seen her now in three weeks.my question is how long does a premolt take.ive also noticed very small flies in there.
I have some of my tarantulas staying in their hide for months. I also had those flies and left the top open until they were gone. It seems they are not bothering the spider.