• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Juvenile chaco golden knee wont eat and is hiding

James1975

Hi every one newbie here.ive bought a chaco golden knee juvenile about 7cm.ive got her in a starter kit. 6inches of substraight.she has been out.ive buried the cork bark.the other night I saw her going in her hide and coming out the hide repeatedly i thought how strange.so i took a closer look.and she was bringing substraght up to the top and patting it down then she would go back down and she kept on doing it.so now she is sitting right down the hole where she has dug out and stayed down there and haven't seen her since.ive only had her a week.and because i read they like to be out in the open i started to panic and the fact she hasnt eaten since I've had her.so I'm a bit worried.can any one help thanks.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
:) Welcome to our great forum!
Hiding is normal. No worries. When she gets hungry you will see her again. She also might be molting... just be patient. They also can starve for a very long time. One week is nothing. :D:beer:

James1975

:) Welcome to our great forum!
Hiding is normal. No worries. When she gets hungry you will see her again. She also might be molting... just be patient. They also can starve for a very long time. One week is nothing. :D:beer:
Thanks for the info.i think her substrate may be to damp.as when u look down the hole at the bottom she has moved the substrate completely.sje is standing on the clear bottom.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks for the info.i think her substrate may be to damp.as when u look down the hole at the bottom she has moved the substrate completely.sje is standing on the clear bottom.
:T:I would leave it like it is. Don’t disturb her any more...just my thoughts.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum:) sounds like you have already received good advice from fellow members-
we have all been there with the worry of our first T :)

James1975

She's obviously being sneaky and plotting something. I've had years of experience raising and training spiders, you should watch her..carefully..
Ok thanks for your input she hasn't eaten yet I'll just let her get on with it.my experience is with snakes retics I have 6 of them and they have me worked out.like I said I'm new to the hobby.thanks again.

Tnoob

Look anything like this?
20190703_171549.jpg

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ok thanks for your input she hasn't eaten yet I'll just let her get on with it.my experience is with snakes retics I have 6 of them and they have me worked out.like I said I'm new to the hobby.thanks again.
Ah, sorry man I was kidding. Hard to get humor across on a keyboard, especially if you're drinking..:D

Latest posts