• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

IS THERE A EUROPEAN TARANTULA SELLER THAT SHIPS TO THE UNITED STATES?

Neilwallace

3 Year Member
so far the cheapest T prices i have seen have been in europe, but none of them that i've found ship to the united states does anyone know of any that will ship to the US?

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
so far the cheapest T prices i have seen have been in europe, but none of them that i've found ship to the united states does anyone know of any that will ship to the US?
There are some out there, but you need permits to be able to import. It costs a lot more money to do that then to buy the actual tarantula. If I recall, in order to buy tarantulas from international dealers you would need to fork out $1,000+ before they consider shipping across the pond.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
There are a few that will post to individuals in the US but if the package gets caught by US customs you can be in big trouble so it's at your own risk.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

This is a good summary of the problem. It's probably best to go through someone with an importation license already.

Besides, it's also important to support our local breeders as well. Besides, say you do successfully get a brown box T that isn't already in the USA, if the authorities send someone knowledgeable you're gonna have some explaining to do.

If you can't convince them you were at an expo and did a cash deal from someone you didn't know, watch out.

Latest posts