• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I want one of these. Does anyone keep them??

jon ross

3 Year Member
I peeps im going to get one of these at tge end of the month. Its a guyana pink toe sling (sling is spiderling yea??). Just wondered if any one has them and if so what are they like to keep?

People can proberly tell by now im a complete post whore lol. Im the same on passion ford lol

Atx13

3 Year Member
I believe these are the "common" pinktoe, A.avicularia.. With all pinktoes, they need higher humidity, and heat.. Pretty laid back, a little skittish, but a great way to get into keeping arboreal Ts.

novakdesigns

3 Year Member
They are lovely. All of mine have been great, very docile but bloody quick if they get scared and want to get away. Also watch out for them shooting poo at you, they are worse than seagulls lol

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello had mine since 2nd instar, been fun all the way. I have had no problems at all, she never liked to burrow like some of my other arboreals. I even posted a picture of her in the media section, never once a threat posture only total speed bursts/skittish. Only misted her and kept the substrate moist while she was small, now two water dishes one on either side of the enclosure light misting substrate semi dry. Like I said a joy since day one, and no health issues whatsoever. Also almost forgot, cross ventilation is also a wise thing to do. Thus make sure all sides have airholes, not too big or the tarantula will escape or its prey. I use a soldering iron to make air vents in the containers I use.

Last edited:

jon ross

3 Year Member
Awesome apart from the poo bit lol. I think it rather have hairs flicked in my face lol. I cant wait to get one. The t and enclosure will be my cheapest yet. Im getting the viv from ebay. Ill post a pic later as it has white plastic air vents on both sides. Just want to make sure the holes aint too big

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
download.jpg

Hello, all mine are still small. I have added a photo of someone else as an example, so enjoy.

Last edited:

jon ross

3 Year Member
Thats gawjus!! Ive found them on spider shop and my end of month shopping list is growing lol. So far it the guyana punk toe and giant white knee slings and now a versicolour juvi. Im guna run out of space soon. Need a bigger house or start putting them in my office at my garage. Customers would live that lol

jon ross

3 Year Member
Yea thats very nice. Im defo guna have the two pink toes by next week. Dunno about the white knee. Aparantly they get huge!!

jon ross

3 Year Member
Yea thats the one lol. Ive been told im only allowed two more for now so ive gotta decide and dont know which ones to choose!!

One is defo the versicolour and other will either be the white knee sling or guyana pink toe sling.

Any way what do you pink toe keepers think about this viv ive found on ebay. Its 12cm deep and 22cm tall. Is that big enough for a juvinile versicolour? If not what sorta size should i be looking for??

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
Yea thats the one lol. Ive been told im only allowed two more for now so ive gotta decide and dont know which ones to choose!!

One is defo the versicolour and other will either be the white knee sling or guyana pink toe sling.

Any way what do you pink toe keepers think about this viv ive found on ebay. Its 12cm deep and 22cm tall. Is that big enough for a juvinile versicolour? If not what sorta size should i be looking for??

That should work for a larger sling or juvenile :)

jon ross

3 Year Member
Yea i like it too and its cheap. Just worried about the vent holes. Would i need a heat mat for a vesicolor??

Latest posts