• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey everyone

prince charmless

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to tarantulas Ive been keeping them for just over a year now. I got 15 Ts so I'm not gonna try to name them all lol. I've also been keeping scorpions for many years.
I only have 2 scorpions right now, L. Quinquestriatus and H. Hottentotta. I have had the deathstalker about 4 months. it is about 2 centimeters and has not molted yet. It has been feeding on small crickets and decapitated meal worms. How often does this species molt and about how long do they live? I do not know what the gender of this particular scorpion. The H. Hottentotta is approaching 2" and already in its permanent enclosure.

Scorp

Pretty much all scorpions live roughly 4 years, but have been known to make it to 6. How often do you feed it? Also no need to crush heads, that little guy can kill a human, the worm is no problem. He should molt about 7 times. But how long it takes depends alot on its temperature, humidity, and food. Think of it like bird eaters. If there kept in a proper environment with ample food they grow fast, if it's cooler and there food is spaced farther they grow slower. I feed all my younger scorpions almost daily. Each drawer has heat tape on one side, top drawer has slings in pill bottles, I put sand down and pushed them into the sand so they don't fall over while opening or during an earth quake (they happen alot here) all the other drawers have scorpions in various containers lol. Not only does it help with heat and organization, it's an added layer of protection incase the escape lol.

Attachments

• 20211006_140130.jpg
    20211006_140130.jpg
    868.1 KB · Views: 4

prince charmless

Pretty much all scorpions live roughly 4 years, but have been known to make it to 6. How often do you feed it? Also no need to crush heads, that little guy can kill a human, the worm is no problem. He should molt about 7 times. But how long it takes depends alot on its temperature, humidity, and food. Think of it like bird eaters. If there kept in a proper environment with ample food they grow fast, if it's cooler and there food is spaced farther they grow slower. I feed all my younger scorpions almost daily. Each drawer has heat tape on one side, top drawer has slings in pill bottles, I put sand down and pushed them into the sand so they don't fall over while opening or during an earth quake (they happen alot here) all the other drawers have scorpions in various containers lol. Not only does it help with heat and organization, it's an added layer of protection incase the escape lol.
I have been feeding once per week

LinInuRen

You have been able to acquire 15 Tarantulas in one years time!?!? That is amazing, I wish I could afford to do that... Scorpions are sick too, get a black light for it. No matter what color the scorpion may be ever species glow under a black light. I mean they really glow and they look so different. That's how I would find them at night in Iraq. When they move they look mechanical and it's so cool!
I had 13 at one point. ordered 10 (plus freebie) in one order. Sometimes buying in bulk is cheaper. I sold off most of my collection when I started school. I mainly kept my old worlds. Accidentally had a communal tank for a whole week. Tony lost a leg but is still alive. It got my smaller obt to finally grow though lol

Latest posts