• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello.

Liam

I learnt early in my days of snake keeping to save money by searching around for anything that can be used without costing a fortune.
At one point I had 200+ snakes but I'm down to 5 now plus almost 100 Ts.
Wow fair play. Im having to be careful because i already want way more tarantulas than i have space for. Whats the best webbing T you've had so far? I really want one thats going to make some crazy webs.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You can always make space for more Ts :D
My best webbers are the Heterothele gabonensis (so much web for a very dwarf T that I hardly ever see her), Ceratogyrus brachycephalus (lovely white web that she sits on top off), Orphnaecus sp Blue Panay (loads of lovely web but she does hide quite a lot) and an arboreal heavy webber is my Caribena laeta (loads of vertical web tunnels but again I don't see much of her). Many of the Phlogiellus genus are good webbers too and dwarf so they don't take up much space even as adults.

Liam

You can always make space for more Ts :D
My best webbers are the Heterothele gabonensis (so much web for a very dwarf T that I hardly ever see her), Ceratogyrus brachycephalus (lovely white web that she sits on top off), Orphnaecus sp Blue Panay (loads of lovely web but she does hide quite a lot) and an arboreal heavy webber is my Caribena laeta (loads of vertical web tunnels but again I don't see much of her). Many of the Phlogiellus genus are good webbers too and dwarf so they don't take up much space even as adults.
Think ill be looking into some of the smaller ones. They sound ideal. I really want one of those cobalt blues aswell, i think their proper name is haplopelma lividum. Mine are so chilled i can do any maintenance with my bare hands, i want something angry and ive read they are real nasty and they look incredible.

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome aboard my friend! You want to become a great T keeper, you've come to the right place!

FishermanSteve

3 Year Member
I learnt early in my days of snake keeping to save money by searching around for anything that can be used without costing a fortune.
At one point I had 200+ snakes but I'm down to 5 now plus almost 100 Ts.

I almost started a new post to ask this question, but what made you switch from snakes to tarantulas? I can’t imagine having 200 ts and then switching.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I almost started a new post to ask this question, but what made you switch from snakes to tarantulas? I can’t imagine having 200 ts and then switching.

My Mum was poorly so I had to move in to look after her and just didn't have time for the snakes. My son got a T and I became fascinated so bought myself one. Then I realised how little time they took to look after so after my Mum died my collection grew. I couldn't be without a snake for long and now have 3 (Royal Python, Baron's Racer and Western Hognose) plus 3 Carpet Pythons that came as non-feeders although 1 fed on its own last feed.

Latest posts