• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello.

Liam

Hello everyone. I recently got into the hobby, bought a small g pulchra about a month - 2 months ago and some kind of pinktoe, literally just said pinktoe on the tub, useless. Any advice would be appreciated. Also got a snake but the tarantulas are way more interesting. Anyway ill probably end up chatting to some of you soon so untill then have a good one.
20191007_180312.jpg
20191009_122937.jpg

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Liam welcome to the forum
I too keep both snakes and Ts... Far too many to list them all but kingsnankes. Boas. Burmese and others :D

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello & welcome.. I don't keep snakes. But I do have a couple of Scorpions.

Liam

Welcome! Looks like you did some homework for the pinktoe enclosure, nice work. You may have to worry about asking beginner questions on other forums, but that’s not the environment here. Ask all the questions lol.
Yeah ive wanted a pinktoe for years, never bought one but done a load of research on what it needs which made me real nervous about humidity and ventilation but it seems fine. I bought the g.pulchra first after a lot of thought and google searches then i just couldnt help myself when i saw the pinktoe.

Liam

Hi Liam I keep snakes to I've got 3 reticulated pythons and 2 Burmese pythons and a common boa. What snakes u got.
I just got a corn snake, never really wanted snakes that much but there was this real curious friendly one in the shop and they let me hold it. I was sold on it almost instantly.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I just got a corn snake, they let me hold it in the shop and i was going to wait till payday but i just figured ide already eaten that week may aswell get a snake instead and bought it the next day.
Likes to climb a lot...View attachment 41504

Pretty :). Corn snakes love to climb, put a branch of wood in there and it will enjoy clambering around.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
What are scorpions like to keep? I keep thinking about getting one.

The ones I have are European & require very little in the way of care. Some moisture. But not too much. Some cover. In the wild they live in walls etc. So a piece of cork bark on shallow & reasonably dry substrate seems to work well. I lightly moisten about 25% of the enclosure once a week & as they are small (about quarter of an inch.) So I put a pre killed mealworm in twice a week & leave it there for 24 hours.

Liam

Pretty :). Corn snakes love to climb, put a branch of wood in there and it will enjoy clambering around.
Yeah ive got a big hollow bit of bark in there he likes and i ordered a branch but as you can see it is not very big, thinking of investing in a bigger one.

Liam

The ones I have are European & require very little in the way of care. Some moisture. But not too much. Some cover. In the wild they live in walls etc. So a piece of cork bark on shallow & reasonably dry substrate seems to work well. I lightly moisten about 25% of the enclosure once a week & as they are small (about quarter of an inch.) So I put a pre killed mealworm in twice a week & leave it there for 24 hours.
Sounds pretty staright forward, may well get some soon. Are they very active? Or is it like tarantulas, depends on species and individual?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah ive got a big hollow bit of bark in there he likes and i ordered a branch but as you can see it is not very big, thinking of investing in a bigger one.

No need to invest in a bigger one just trim a bit of a local tree, fruit trees are good but don't use wood from fir trees as they're toxic for snakes and Ts. Clean it by pouring boiling water over it to kill any insect and then give it a good scrub and dry in the oven on low.

Liam

No need to invest in a bigger one just trim a bit of a local tree, fruit trees are good but don't use wood from fir trees as they're toxic for snakes and Ts. Clean it by pouring boiling water over it to kill any insect and then give it a good scrub and dry in the oven on low.
Now that is a brilliant idea. I was going to go buy one like an idiot, have you seen how much they charge for branches in a shop? Its ridiculous.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Now that is a brilliant idea. I was going to go buy one like an idiot, have you seen how much they charge for branches in a shop? Its ridiculous.

I learnt early in my days of snake keeping to save money by searching around for anything that can be used without costing a fortune.
At one point I had 200+ snakes but I'm down to 5 now plus almost 100 Ts.

Latest posts