• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gbb

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all
Its a shame there is nothing to be done but hope for the best and wait.
Pic below of the 2 crickets when she finished with them after 24 hours
16011935203352182335542526726565.jpg

It is going to be a painful wait for me:(

Regards Konstantin

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
her fangs are intact.I already checked that.She has no problem holding the pray where she is supposed to.She carried the last meal for the better part of 24h before ditching it. She just not draining it like she is supposed to. She is quite lively and not showing signs of dehydration or stress so think she has good chances of moulting out of it imo but will see how it will develop in future.
I had my LP dislocate one of her fangs and was free hanging with her having no control over it and she still managed to eat with one intact so don't think is fang damage related.
Regards Konstantin

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I found one of my T vagans juveniles did that with a cricket a week or so ago and let it for dead in the water dish. It was not dead. As far as I can tell it had been eating up until then, and appears to have put on size since it's last molt. I marked it pre-molt and will keep an eye on it.

Best of luck

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Thank you.
The remains she is leaving are bone dry when I take them out.So far so good.She is behaving normally atm.Will update as soon as anything changes
Regards Konstantin

LitAF

beautiful GBB
Hi all
This is my keepers journal for Skye my juvenile female GBB.She is with me since 08.04.2020 and of course its bought from @Phil .lol
I collected her with her enclosure .Tyni critter keeper.
Here a quick(not very good) pic of that day
View attachment 45232
She is a good eater and takes large crickets with gusto .Today was doing few rehouses and I rehoused her too in a slightly bigger critter keeper with better clarity.
She is kept on dry substrate and fed once per week.
Here few pics of her and the new home.
View attachment 45233
View attachment 45234

View attachment 45236
View attachment 45235
View attachment 45237
Cant wait for her to web up her new home.
Thanks for reading.
Regards Konstantin

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all
no moult yet on this one.It was 84 days for the last moult cycle and is on day 150 since her last moult.Abdomen seems a little bit bigger from my last post but barely noticeable .She is taking a large cricket every week and seems to finish it properly but if I offer second one its not taken even if she pounces on first one with vengeance.
Also she is a bit more skittish and quick to kick hairs lately and has a nice bald spot on half of her mirror parch.Im catching it drinking(or attempting to)almost every week or two.
I am very suspicious that she is gonna turn out to be male but was expecting to moult by now if she was so still hope there she will be girl.
Crossing fingers for a moult soon but bald patch is nice pink colour so it may be a while.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all
Moult is nearing as her bald spot is darkening and is webbed up shut after refusing food for
just over a month. Abdomen is still too small for my liking.Added second waterdish on top the web as she is webbed high up and have not seen her on the substrate level near the other one but she shut herself out of this one too.I keep dropping water every few days in case she wants a drink.My instinct tells me shw is gonna end up male due to the small abdomen but the amount of time she takes to moult makes me hopeful she is a girl.
Will see I guess.lol
Regards Konstantin

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all
There was no need to sex the moult.
My gut feeling was correct and he in now the first mature male in my collection On the bright side I managed to find him couple of girls so he will be able to have a go at fulfilling his duties and hopefully have some MM fun along the way.lol
Regards Konstantin

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Glad to hear your GBB had a successful moult :).. What a shame it ended up MM though :(
will you be trying again by purchasing some slings or a confirmed female in the future?

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
tbh Im glad is healthy and well at the end of the day.Its not a shame he is a male he is a loved pet regardlessof sex.He will have a chance to breed and hopefully produce some slings to support the hobby .
I am growing quite a few slings atm so will probably opt for a sexed female juvenile as Im close on running out of space for my collection
Regards Konstantin

ArachnoHorn

3 Year Member

Latest posts