• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gbb

Konstantin

3 Year Member
She missed the cricket like 6 times but at least found its water and is having a good drink.lol
20200519_205014.jpg

Regards Konstantin

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
Mine is a bit shy after the rehouse and the last moult.Only webbed a corner of the enclosure and rarely goes on the other side.But is very food orientated atm it is out and about more after her meal while before was only in her burrow. She stopped eating on 15.04 and moulted on 08.05.I gave her 10 days to harden the fangs before I fed her and is once per week I offer food.I take it out in 24 hours too.
I will be more concerned if she drinks as mine didn't untill I put water right in front of her 8 days after her moult and the waterdish was always full in the opposite corner 15 cm away.She just didn't bothergoing out of her hide.
If yours abdomen is not too small I wont worry just keep offering.
My Nhandu Cromatus is very slow to settle after a rehouse and a very finicky eater.She eats then stoppes for few weeks.I think premoult then she eats again and so on.Now she refuses again but think this time it may be moult comming
They are known to be very food motivated like the GBB but there are always exceptions of the norm.
Regards Konstantin

Seamus

3 Year Member
Hi
Mine is a bit shy after the rehouse and the last moult.Only webbed a corner of the enclosure and rarely goes on the other side.But is very food orientated atm it is out and about more after her meal while before was only in her burrow. She stopped eating on 15.04 and moulted on 08.05.I gave her 10 days to harden the fangs before I fed her and is once per week I offer food.I take it out in 24 hours too.
I will be more concerned if she drinks as mine didn't untill I put water right in front of her 8 days after her moult and the waterdish was always full in the opposite corner 15 cm away.She just didn't bothergoing out of her hide.
If yours abdomen is not too small I wont worry just keep offering.
My Nhandu Cromatus is very slow to settle after a rehouse and a very finicky eater.She eats then stoppes for few weeks.I think premoult then she eats again and so on.Now she refuses again but think this time it may be moult comming
They are known to be very food motivated like the GBB but there are always exceptions of the norm.
Regards Konstantin
Finally my Gbb had her first meal today after moulting nearly 4 weeks ago feel so relieved

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all.
A little concerned about Skye lately.She had another moult on 31.07.2020. Unfortunately I dont remember if I saw the successful shed of the sucking stomach on the moult.She looks a bit skinny for my liking but not massively small atm.She lingers quite a lot near her waterdish and don't seem to be able to drain the pray properly leaving quite large boluses after eating it for ages(it seems to suck on it for 12 hours + sometimes)
I have upped her meals trying to fatten her up a bit.
I hope its not a sucking stomach issue.
She is usually moulting on 80 ish days intervals so its a month yet.
I fed her 2 large crickets yesterday 8pm.
I found her this morning with one in her mouth and the other left on her web.She seems to leave them and pick them up on rotation before discarding them.
Few pics below

Latest posts