• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G.rosea tree spider.

garrim

3 Year Member
. Can I ask where you got yours from like my tarantula died I dropped it from said height or do you guess by the mere fact that they can rupture from a short fall. IV looked and I can't find much on that ill give you size in cm of the enclosure if you like would that help.

Ask anybody that has considerable experience keeping tarantulas, they will all warn you that even a short fall can seriously injure the animal. Either by personal experience or knowing someone that it happened to. If they fall on something like a water dish or anything hard or with an edge to it, etc., that significantly increases the odds of a rupture which is almost always a death sentence. Terrestrial species are simply not designed to take falls from more than a couple of inches. There is no point in risking the chance either. They would not typically climb much at all in the wild, which is why they are terrestrial species. But in captivity we give them a semi/transparent barrier and they will try to navigate it, and are capable of doing so, sometimes at the risk of being injured. They don't know any better so it's our responsibility as keepers to minimize the risk.

Last edited:

kaz

3 Year Member
I previously wrote shed climb the glass then fall of so if you'd have read my posts not just picked stuff out then yes it soul be obvious. And going back to the main point. After my first post of "its in my living room" you so generously took the time to highlight on, then can I ask at what point were you going to highlight the one straight after where I mentioned "And just to add why I'm really not overly concerned if she fell".... So it kinda goes against your mere pointless attitude that I merely don't give a rats a**,

kaz

3 Year Member
again arguing my point in my previous post I added more stuff because she kept climbing the glass. I added depth around the tree stump so if she did fall it wasn't far so in my only case I merely tried to improve it if she was to climb and fall it was greater than that of now. Jesus I can't be arsed to explain any further. I get ur point my point was as just put!!

leaveittoweaver

3 Year Member
I don't see the point in aggravating the OP further, when the point has already been made that increasing substrate would be the best choice. The OP said they were considering adding more substrate...that's good enough for me. Attacking the OP is not helping the situation in any way shape or form. I'm a fan of pointing out improper husbandry, but I am also sick of seeing people get treated like garbage for making a mistake or not knowing better. Should they have done better research? Yes. But they are here now so let's work together to make every one a better hobbyist. Educate, don't berate. This is exactly why people stop coming to forums like this and then when they have a real problem, they don't ask questions that could save their tarantulas life because their worried about being picked to pieces by people on the internet.

I also don't think the OP's primary language is English, I could be completely off target there but that's how it comes across, in which case they may have trouble communicating clearly.

kaz

3 Year Member
hahaha no I'm English on my phone typing fast and autocorrect is a bi*ch and trying to go back and self correct id awkward with the type box on my screen.

garrim

3 Year Member
I previously wrote shed climb the glass then fall of so if you'd have read my posts not just picked stuff out then yes it soul be obvious. And going back to the main point. After my first post of "its in my living room" you so generously took the time to highlight on, then can I ask at what point were you going to highlight the one straight after where I mentioned "And just to add why I'm really not overly concerned if she fell".... So it kinda goes against your mere pointless attitude that I merely don't give a rats a**,

No it doesn't, and I didn't pick anything out. I took exactly what you said at face value from a single, and at the time most recent, post, and responded directly to it. Plain and simple. You weren't specific, and it came across as you being grossly negligent in favor of your own entertainment. The fact you said what you said, the exact way you put it, elicited the response I gave you for that specific post. Had you put a little more effort in the post I responded to, I would never had said anything. I didn't respond for no reason at all. I am hoping you will eventually understand that you left me no choice but to assume you meant exactly what you said.

again arguing my point in my previous post I added more stuff because she kept climbing the glass. I added depth around the tree stump so if she did fall it wasn't far so in my only case I merely tried to improve it if she was to climb and fall it was greater than that of now.

Awesome, I am glad to hear you are taking steps to minimize the risk to your tarantula. Dispute over the lack of specificity aside, that is entirely all I was hoping to accomplish. Obviously you do care about the safety of your tarantula which is fantastic, and more apparent now than the post I took issue with.

I don't see the point in aggravating the OP further, when the point has already been made that increasing substrate would be the best choice. The OP said they were considering adding more substrate...that's good enough for me. Attacking the OP is not helping the situation in any way shape or form. I'm a fan of pointing out improper husbandry, but I am also sick of seeing people get treated like garbage for making a mistake or not knowing better. Should they have done better research? Yes. But they are here now so let's work together to make every one a better hobbyist. Educate, don't berate. This is exactly why people stop coming to forums like this and then when they have a real problem, they don't ask questions that could save their tarantulas life because their worried about being picked to pieces by people on the internet.

I also don't think the OP's primary language is English, I could be completely off target there but that's how it comes across, in which case they may have trouble communicating clearly.

I don't feel like I am attacking him. I pointed out the mistake same as you, with some sarcasm which he didn't appreciate and that is understandable. Beyond that I was only pointing out how important it is to say exactly what you mean to say when you post something because people will take what you say at face value, not to assume something is obvious when it simply is not. Maybe I just expect when people say one thing, that is what they meant to say. Call me crazy. And really, where was I treating him like garbage? I could have been a lot meaner, way more sarcastic and really pissed him off with one post, easily. But I didn't, and I explained myself carefully and succinctly. He seems to have taken it well and I don't think he'll be running for the hills any time soon. Even amidst the argument of how he words things we still exchanged information that will benefit him and his tarantulas. Not too shabby.

Last edited:

kaz

3 Year Member
I think I made it clear throughout that I could care less dog with a bone mate dog with a bone. And since your so sure you could p me off with one post then go right ahead if it makes you feel better because just to clarify you dont anger or upset me, i actually just found the way you came at me really irritating. Talk about trying to be major smart a** and strut your stuff. I have taken all that has been said before you even said it into account for the interest of my tarantula, I'm not gna sit here and be belittled so if my approach is wrong I apologise, if my thoughtless post upset or angered you I humbly apologize I do agree it doesn't come across in the best light I hold my hands up, but I did try and clarify in my next post. And buy the way since we're correcting every minor detail its She not He. Have a good day and perhaps maybe we can kiss make up and be friends. (don't take the kiss at face value please, I'm trying to humour you a little).

Last edited:

kaz

3 Year Member
just stated the fact that you wouldn't drop it, I didn't say you couldn't belittle me just that I won't sit back and take it. , that approach Doesn't come across great just how im in the wrong first time around Clearly we're probably both wrong in parts and all we are doing is picking holes at each other. I'll argue my point till the bitter end clearly so will you so perhaps we can just agree to disagree on everything we say all day long. You think you stand 100% corrected, fair doos buddy fair doos

Last edited:

garrim

3 Year Member
Where exactly is it that out of the two of us I am "clearly wrong in parts"? It is not a matter of opinion that I am 100% correct, it's a fact. No matter how I went about pointing it out, you weren't clear, and I said as much. That's all any of this, for me, was about. There is no dispute there, you've admitted you weren't clear, you know you weren't. That's the end of it.

Now... what is there to drop? If you keep responding to me about the same topic, I am going to respond back about said topic. That's how it works. I was ready to move on after my second post in this thread, but you responded in a way that invited a response back, over and over again. Why am I just supposed to not respond to whatever you say to me? How does that make sense? Those are all rhetorical questions, in case that is not clear to you.

Believe me when I say I am very sorry I ever came across your thread and saw your poorly worded post. If I could take back ever bothering to respond, I would in a heartbeat. It is painfully apparent at this point that the only conclusion to be drawn is you just want to have the last word. Well, feel free to respond to this with yet another misguided, baseless jumble of words where you admit you were wrong but then, again, argue that you weren't wrong (somehow), and I'll gladly let you have it.

kaz

3 Year Member
arrr my god dude are you serious i cant even be bothered with you. Me have the last word like whatever IV got better things to do, spent enough time pointlessly explaining my self to the likes of you. You can stick my apology which was for trying to be reasonable with you i tried for a friendly outcome but you still have your nose in the air so what's the point. And since you like advice ill give you some, take it or leave it, maybe lighten up a little, you can't always take life so seriously

Last edited:

Latest posts