• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Epoxy resin for preserving molts

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
So far I'm thinking I'll have better luck making tables. Still in the mold, and waiting for another layer, but I'm pleased so far. And no bubbles
20210116_201735.jpg

tommyhilly

Hi, you made a great table! I want to do the same (almost a copy of your), but my main problem is that I don't know which epoxy I need to use. I read a lot of sites and articles. There is some information about epoxy on the wiki and I think it is true. See this article - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epoxy#Commercial_and_residential_flooring. There are two links in this paragraph. Is it good epoxy? Or recommend the epoxy that you used, please.

tommyhilly

I forgot to say what I want to do...
That is my first work with epoxy (in that scale) and I want to do something like that. Filling thickness approximate 1.6-2.4 in
epoxy table.jpg

tommyhilly

And I also thought of a crazy idea. There are many different videos where coins, fruits, and various objects are poured into tables, but I have never seen spiders and other insects poured into the table

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
You will want to use a "deep pour " epoxy for that. Total boat , is a well known brand. Just go on their site a d find the epoxy that is rated for that 2inch pour depth. They make a "table top" epoxy also. That would be a good final coat as it is more scratch resistant than regular epoxy

MBullock

3 Year Member
alot of those bubbles also come from air trapped in the setae, if you singe the setae off somehow without damaging the rest of the body it may help reduce bubbles