• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enn's bunch

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
B. smithi, Pico, in it's favourite spot.

Neostenotarsus sp Guyana, Arawak. This one spends all its time down below so I rarely get chance to get photos.

Kochiana brunnipes, Elf

Psalmopoeus irminia, Falcon

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I did a spot of rehousing today so grabbed a few photos.

First was the tiny Neostenotarsus sp Suriname, Kalina, that my son bought me for Christmas. It had burrowed such a big cavern in the 1" vial it was in that the substrate was almost bursting out of the top so it is now in a 2" dia container. It was an easy transfer as this little one was very placid and slow moving although it did meander across my hand at one point.

Next up was the smallest of my 3 Brachypelma albopilosum, Tiinto. Again very easy as it wandered into the catch cup and out again as though it knew what was expected. I only rehoused this one as the water bowl had been leaking and the substrate was getting a little wet.

Last but by no means least was my T. gigas, Cayenne. Again the reason was a leaky water bowl and its cork bark was starting to mould over. I was expecting this to be fun and Cayenne didn't disappoint. First it dived into its burrow so I was able to remove the plant and cork bark then I tipped the substrate and T into a cricket tub that I had inside a 12" ExoTerra viv .......and it ran round and round the viv and up and down. I closed the doors to let it calm down which it did but then I realised it was outside the ExoTerra having sneaked through the gap where the hinges are. Fortunately I was able to get a catch cup over it and into the new container. However Cayenne has refused to come out of the catch cup and an hour later is still in it.

Cayenne has finally come out of the catch cup

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Cyriocosmus bertae, Inca. For a T that usually stays down a burrow this one has been very active today, running around and taking a couple of tumbles (only about 0.5")

Cyriopagopus sp. Midnight Blue formerly Haplopelma sp. Midnight Blue, Midnight. This one has incorporated its original water bowl into its hide so I've had to give it another.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have been honoured by Zera, my OBT, appearing today. She has moved the entrance from the front to the side of her cave so it's more difficult to see her and get photos..

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Having rehoused the smallest of my B. albopilosums, Tinto, last week I'd hoped that it would follow my other 2 and stop burrowing but no......

Going down....

.....and yet further down

My Lampropelma sp. Borneo Black, Sable, is difficult to photograph as it is very fast to hide at the slightest touch of the container

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
gahhhhhh!! You do this to tease me! -chuckles-
gorgeous as always, I dont know what it is about them but I LOVE how beautiful they are.
@Enn49 may I steal that bottom shot for my desktop :p

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
gahhhhhh!! You do this to tease me! -chuckles-
gorgeous as always, I dont know what it is about them but I LOVE how beautiful they are.
@Enn49 may I steal that bottom shot for my desktop :p

As if I'd tease on purpose ;). I'm just so pleased to see her so much and after owning her for 2 years it's the first time I've actually seen her eat. Oh, and you're welcome to use the pic.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm guessing Zera , the OBT, likes where her viv is now, probably less foot traffic passing her, because she is spending much more time out and about. Today, while I was out shopping, my son got some great shots of her so here's a couple

Lampropelma sp. Borneo Black, Sable

Brachypelma albopilosum, Tinto. The smallest of my 3 albos

Tapinauchenius gigas, Cayenne

Omothymus schioedtei (formerly Cyriopagopus schioedtei), Tigger. About all I ever see of the green monster.

Ami sp Panama, Palma

Poecilotheria metallica, Trip. Still waiting from a moult from her.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Nhandu chromatus, Luzia. It has moved its water bowl on top of the cork bark and squeezed down right in the corner pooping on the side as it goes.

Heteroscodra maculata, Kofi.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Two big butts!!!

Neostenotarsus sp Suriname, Kalina

Omothymus schioedtei (formerly Cyriopagopus schioedtei), Tigger. With luck I'll get a photo of the whole of him when I rehouse him later this week.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I hadn't realised just how big this guy had got as he lived in his web and substrate tunnels and I only saw a few legs now and again until this last moult. So today I rehoused my Omothymus schioedtei (formerly Cyriopagopus schioedtei), Tigger, into a fish tank that was no longer in use. It's not the perfect home for him but at least he has more space and it's taller than his old container. Unfortunately some of the wet substrate from his old home followed him in so there is a bit of condensation on the sides. I have a new acrylic lid on order which will have loads of ventilation holes in to solve the problem, it should be here in a couple of days.

He sulked under the wood for a few hours.....

.... but then he came out to explore and I got to measure him, he's 6" dls now.

Finally I got to see him in all his glory although he still has substrate on his butt.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Neostenotarsus sp Suriname, Kalina, way down in its burrow

Stromatopelma calceatum, Peanut.

Poecilotheria metallica, Trip

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Rehousing day again!!!

First up was Taal, my Orphnaecus sp "Blue Panay" who had definitely outgrown its old home, mainly because it had filled the whole container with web and substrate constructions and tunnels.

At first I thought this was female but not too sure, what do you think?

Next up was Calypso, one of my Neoholothele incei (formerly Holothele incei), another that was outgrowing its old container.

Last but not least poor Tinto, the smallest of my 3 Brachypelma albopilosum. I say poor because it had been rehoused just a few weeks ago as her old container was a bit wet due to a leaky water bowl, it is now in a container matching the other 2 albos.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Within 6 hours my Orphnaecus sp "Blue Panay", Taal, has made herself at home with web all over and even some substrate hung in it.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Euathlus sp Red, Chila. sym took delivery of this little one a year ago next week and it has apparently moulted only twice and it is still so tiny. The first feed it had with me was a prekilled cricket because the ones I had were too big, for its second feed it took a tiny small cricket live.

Grammostola rosea, Chila

Davus pentaloris (formerly Cyclosternum fasciatum), Beck, looking great after its moult a few days ago

A rare sight of my Heteroscodra maculata, Kofi.

Latest posts