• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enn's bunch

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Another couple of rehouses today.

First up was my Cyriopagopus sp. Midnight Blue (formerly Haplopelma sp. Midnight Blue), Midnight. I've not seen this one for a couple of months so a great chance for a photo or 2.

In the catch cup

And Midnight's new home.

Next was my T. violaceus, Kutari, as it had outgrown its vial. I had intended to rehouse both T. violaceus but sadly I found the other, Demerara, dead last night, no apparent reason and it wasn't even in a death curl.

Kutari's new home. It does look bare without all the webbing but I'm sure it won't be long before it's full of web.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
so sorry you lost one :(

Thank you. It was a shock as they both seemed to be doing well although the one that's left has always been the greediest feeder. Kutari has already started work webbing and carting substrate up .

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Your new T ;)
image.jpeg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@sym Thank you. It's stunning and I can't wait. I almost wish it wasn't so close to Christmas so I could pay for it sooner.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Firstly an update on the 2 I rehoused yesterday.

Midnight, the Cyriopagopus sp. Midnight Blue (formerly Haplopelma sp. Midnight Blue), chose to ignore the cork bark I'd put in and has dug below the water bowl filling it with substrate

Kutati, the T. violaceus, on the other hand has gone up, webbing like mad. I felt awful last night when I got a good look at it and realised that it had lost 2 legs, maybe at last moult but it had so much web in its old vial that I could never see it properly. It seems to be doing fine and is very greedy when it comes to food.

And now an update on a few of the newer ones.
Kofi, the H. maculata, hasn't been seen but has built a mimi mountain between the plant and cork bark with several entrances and webbed a bit too

Kalina, my little N. sp Suriname, has burrowed and not been seen since it came but I know it's ok as the burrows keep moving and food disappears

Peanut, the S. calceatum, is always visible. It thinks like an ostrich that if its head is hidden I can't see it, Always appears as soon as I feed it though. It's made a web mat to sit on

Ember, my G. rosea, has neither webbed nor burrowed but is always scuttling around. It's getting fat so maybe a moult in the near future

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
One big bum :D. My Paraphysa sp. Tiger, Arica, never hides away and will come towards me if I open the container although no threat poses.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
One big bum :D. My Paraphysa sp. Tiger, Arica, never hides away and will come towards me if I open the container although no threat poses.

My Redrum does the same as Arica, they know where their food comes from ;)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My little A. laerta, Frio is doing great and eats like a pig.

Kutari, the T. violaceus, has been very bust webbing its new container

The little fur ball S. calceatum, Peanut in its favourite spot just showing it legs.

Sable, the L. sp. Borneo Black, came out to grab some food last night

I've not seen much of Paria, an H. sanguiniceps in the 7 months since I got it but these last couple of weeks it has spent a lot of time on the surface, let's hope it stays that way.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Male or female you decide ;-) H.Pulchripes. Love the colour of the underside of its feet.
image.jpeg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Mmmmm, not sure. I want to say female but ......:rolleyes:. Yes the foot colour is gorgeous :)

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Enn49 .i want to say female as from either side of the book lungs looks like a curve but who knows :)

Last edited: