• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

COVID19

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My brother was tested for covid (Qtip up the nostrils) and it came out negative. Two weeks later, he goes back to the ER for headaches/dizziness (his ONLY symptoms). They do a CT scan and blood work. Everything comes back normal but next to his "normal" test results it says "positive for Covid-19". Now, I am unsure how they assume he tests positive for Covid from a CT scan but there's something wrong with this picture. They diagnosed him with Covid when he wasn't even tested for it when he went in. How can you be diagnosed with it if you aren't tested? And they put this in his charts! If you go in with symptoms, they test you. They can't just say "you have it" if they don't test you to confirm it. What would they get out of blatantly doing this? If you have a hangover, it's covid. If you stubbed your toe, it's covid. If you fell off a horse while riding it and hit your head, it's covid. I say HORSE****! I know that everyone has different symptoms and not all symptoms are severe but if you HAVE symptoms when you go in, they test you. I'm unsure if headaches/dizziness are symptoms of Covid. Hell, they add to the list of covid symptoms damn near every day so it's hard to keep up with what "is" and what "isn't".

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My brother was tested for covid (Qtip up the nostrils) and it came out negative. Two weeks later, he goes back to the ER for headaches/dizziness (his ONLY symptoms). They do a CT scan and blood work. Everything comes back normal but next to his "normal" test results it says "positive for Covid-19". Now, I am unsure how they assume he tests positive for Covid from a CT scan but there's something wrong with this picture. They diagnosed him with Covid when he wasn't even tested for it when he went in. How can you be diagnosed with it if you aren't tested? And they put this in his charts! If you go in with symptoms, they test you. They can't just say "you have it" if they don't test you to confirm it. What would they get out of blatantly doing this? If you have a hangover, it's covid. If you stubbed your toe, it's covid. If you fell off a horse while riding it and hit your head, it's covid. I say HORSE****! I know that everyone has different symptoms and not all symptoms are severe but if you HAVE symptoms when you go in, they test you. I'm unsure if headaches/dizziness are symptoms of Covid. Hell, they add to the list of covid symptoms damn near every day so it's hard to keep up with what "is" and what "isn't".

You sound confused by it all. Must have covid ;) to me it sounds like hospitals are diagnosing everything as covid knowing they will get more funding for tests.

Over here it seems like they blame covid for everything and try to make it sound like we're the worst effected in Europe and that brexit was a bad idea and is costing lives. Just how it comes across to me :)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You sound confused by it all. Must have covid ;) to me it sounds like hospitals are diagnosing everything as covid knowing they will get more funding for tests.

Over here it seems like they blame covid for everything and try to make it sound like we're the worst effected in Europe and that brexit was a bad idea and is costing lives. Just how it comes across to me :)

I agree. In my opinion, it's all about money- one way or the other, that's what it boils down to. That should be constituted as medical malpractice. I live in South Carolina and our governor (in my opinion) is "opening" things back up too soon. They wonder why day care/nurseries refuse to open after given permission to do so. He has lifted some of his executive orders but according to our charts/graphs we haven't reached the "flat" or even the "peak" of our curve, yet, when it comes to positive cases/deaths of covid. We are still steadily climbing. There are days where there are less cases but still, the numbers are high enough to keep us on the upward slope of that curve.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I agree. In my opinion, it's all about money- one way or the other, that's what it boils down to. That should be constituted as medical malpractice. I live in South Carolina and our governor (in my opinion) is "opening" things back up too soon. They wonder why day care/nurseries refuse to open after given permission to do so. He has lifted some of his executive orders but according to our charts/graphs we haven't reached the "flat" or even the "peak" of our curve, yet, when it comes to positive cases/deaths of covid. We are still steadily climbing. There are days where there are less cases but still, the numbers are high enough to keep us on the upward slope of that curve.
It seems they’ve changed their mind after they’ve realised how much it’s costing them. If it’s as bad as they made out in the beginning then surely even if theirs only 1 case in the US it can spread and infect millions again? Making the last months of isolation pointless if lifted too soon.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It seems they’ve changed their mind after they’ve realised how much it’s costing them. If it’s as bad as they made out in the beginning then surely even if theirs only 1 case in the US it can spread and infect millions again? Making the last months of isolation pointless if lifted too soon.

Exactly!!!! I feel we should take more precautionary measures but we are on the verge of an economic collapse. It's like a catch 22: you can't win for losing.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So sorry to hear about your brother huni. Hope he is ok? Stay strong and look after him and yourself. x

A976486

3 Year Member
1588798077964.png

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The US: says its China.
China: says it's the US.
Me: trust no one.

Soulman

Everyone one is to blame,not protecting its people.I said 15 years ago? This will happen and it has.But now all are working together.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I knew it! I ****ing knew it! Crooked ass government conspiracy cover up bull****! They use FEAR to control people.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I had a feeling they would do that. I told my sister to share it on FB and every other social media app she has. I feel bad for that doctor and what she went through. That's usually what happens when you "know too much". The government will shut your ass down real quick-like.

Latest posts