• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Color question need help for next order

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
Ok. I'm working on my next order and I already have a T. Strimi in my cart but I want something that will be purple as an adult as that is my favorite color. I really like the iridescent look but am not picky. I am going to venture into arborial species. Looking at A. Versicolor. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Well there is always A Purpurea. Very purple. Haven't had one myself but I do remember seeing someone comment that they aren't the best beginning avic. Don't remember why though.

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
Well there is always A Purpurea. Very purple. Haven't had one myself but I do remember seeing someone comment that they aren't the best beginning avic. Don't remember why though.

I did some short research and found out that they shoot poop at u when they feel threatened and they tend to jump as juveniles. That could be why they were not recommended.

Redacted

3 Year Member
I did some short research and found out that they shoot poop at u when they feel threatened and they tend to jump as juveniles. That could be why they were not recommended.
Any Avicularia will projectile poop. Many are jumpy when little. If not A. purpurea would be my choice.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mine hasn't GG allined me and threw its poop at me, and if it did i didnt even notice. I also heard they have terrible aim according to Stanley A Schulitz and if you dont know who that is.. Then no more Ts until you read his book.;)

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
Mine hasn't GG allined me and threw its poop at me, and if it did i didnt even notice. I also heard they have terrible aim according to Stanley A Schulitz and if you dont know who that is.. Then no more Ts until you read his book.;)

Sure do. The Bible is the first thing I got before I ordered my first sling this time around. I wanted to b prepared this time rather than trying to learn on the fly

Pasodama

3 Year Member
For a purple Avic, A. purpurea would be my choice. It's another species that is on my ever growing wishlist.
Have, recently, seen them available at a few different places/vendors.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What about terrestrial species? Are there any purple ones there?
N.m i was thinking about this one. And its more pink then purple.
image.png