• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Christmas presents

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just unwittingly bought myself a T for xmas. I was at Jamies ordering roaches over the weekend and didn't check my cart from when my son and I were looking at prices on various sites for his genic and the g.albo we ordered last week. I just looked at the email from Jamie for my recent order and I now will own 2 b. albo. one 1/4" and this one 1/2-3/4" My son doesn't like raising the tiny ones like I do, so it'll be another present for him. Now i'll have 7 little ones to raise and enjoy.

So much for waiting until summer to get another huh? :oops:

Just goes to show you to check the shopping cart before you check out lol

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm sure hes going to be thrilled! I Love them, such busy little ones.
I know there a pet rock when they are grown,
but by then we already love them so its okay ^^

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm sure he will be. He was a bit upset when the sling package deal we got from Ken comes with 1/4" slings. He doesn't like raising them small so this will probably make his day.

The pet rock kind are what he wants. He was saying over the weekend that the reason he wanted the Rosea was to have one he could handle that wasn't really skittish.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I just unwittingly bought myself a T for xmas. I was at Jamies ordering roaches over the weekend and didn't check my cart from when my son and I were looking at prices on various sites for his genic and the g.albo we ordered last week. I just looked at the email from Jamie for my recent order and I now will own 2 b. albo. one 1/4" and this one 1/2-3/4" My son doesn't like raising the tiny ones like I do, so it'll be another present for him. Now i'll have 7 little ones to raise and enjoy.

Ooops. I'm sure your son will be thrilled. It's a good job it wasn't a expensive T though.

I totally agree with you there.

Wg25

3 Year Member

Awesome gift for yourself! Hahaha well worth it ;)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I bought myself a few.... (couldn't help it) Lemon Patch (5th instar- was tiny but eats like a pig so I expect a molt shortly) My Pinktoe rescue ( juvi suspect female) and yesterday I purchased myself a Poecilotheria regalis (2 inch sling)
Congrats!! I've been looking at both the lemon and pumpkin patch to get eventually :)

TabithasMom

3 Year Member
My partner took me to a con, gave me $100, and said, "Merry Christmas" (one of the many reasons I love that man, lol). Walked out with a N. chromatus, 2 L. violaceopes (price was right, and hoping for a breeding pair when they mature), OBT, and P. irminia. Merry Christmas, indeed!

Thistles

3 Year Member
Psychotic is right, lol. So far, my P metallica is more crazy than the ornata. It's like a spaz
My P. metallica are like yours - super spastic. This particular P. ornata (not his two future girlfriends, though) is a killing machine. He's named after my favorite character from some of my favorite books. Ken Lubin is an industrial spy/assassin with a "compulsive murder fetish." Hope that gives you a bit of an idea about his temperament, lol.

He's totally gonna get me one of these days.

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member

I've done that too, lol. I've had something in cart, left the site, and went back a week later, and added it again! It was only pinheads, lol.
Ul love the albop. I have 2 slings...ones a 1/2", and the other molted yesterday, and is a fresh 1.5", and a beauty

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
I bought myself a half dozen slings,
Lasiodora parahybana
Brachypelma vagans
Aphonopelma hentzi
Nhandu chromatus
Psalmopoeus cambridgei (will be shipped monday)
Hapalopus sp Colombian
this one was a freeby -

Grammostola pulchripes
Great choices!!!! I have 5 on ur list. I LOVE my chromatus!! It eats tons and grows fast

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
My P. metallica are like yours - super spastic. This particular P. ornata (not his two future girlfriends, though) is a killing machine. He's named after my favorite character from some of my favorite books. Ken Lubin is an industrial spy/assassin with a "compulsive murder fetish." Hope that gives you a bit of an idea about his temperament, lol.

He's totally gonna get me one of these days.
That's hilarious. It's true tho. As soon as I brought my ornata home, I made an enclosure for it, put it in, and dropped a 1" cricket in. Within seconds, it was in its mouth in the starter burrow I made. Didn't last long. It's stunning too!!!!!

Latest posts