• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Christmas presents

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My son has already bought me a Neostenotarsus sp Suriname that arrived a month ago as an early Christmas prezzie. My present to myself is a Harpactira Pulchripes that I'm buying from sym but it won't be here until well after new year as I have some serious saving to do.

Wg25

3 Year Member
My son has already bought me a Neostenotarsus sp Suriname that arrived a month ago as an early Christmas prezzie. My present to myself is a Harpactira Pulchripes that I'm buying from sym but it won't be here until well after new year as I have some serious saving to do.
Good choice! The H.pulchripes is a beauty! Their blue legs are just gorgeous! Be sure to post a pic as soon as it arrives! :)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I bought myself a half dozen slings,
Lasiodora parahybana
Brachypelma vagans
Aphonopelma hentzi
Nhandu chromatus
Psalmopoeus cambridgei (will be shipped monday)
Hapalopus sp Colombian
this one was a freeby -

Grammostola pulchripes

Adraps11

3 Year Member
I"m thinking of getting a Grammostola Pulchripes soon, but I'm tight on cash, and I'm pretty certain my A. Hentzi is finally about to molt. I want to take good pictures of that and make sure everything goes smoothly.

Wg25

3 Year Member
I bought myself a half dozen slings,
Lasiodora parahybana
Brachypelma vagans
Aphonopelma hentzi
Nhandu chromatus
Psalmopoeus cambridgei (will be shipped monday)
Hapalopus sp Colombian
this one was a freeby -

Grammostola pulchripes
Awesome choices! Those are all awesome tarantulas. I really need to get a L.parahybana and H.sp Colombia! :)

Wg25

3 Year Member
I"m thinking of getting a Grammostola Pulchripes soon, but I'm tight on cash, and I'm pretty certain my A. Hentzi is finally about to molt. I want to take good pictures of that and make sure everything goes smoothly.
I got a G.pulchripes female a few days ago and man they are awesome! And same problem here! If I had the cash for a few more....I'd go buy them tomorrow! But soon! ;)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I got a G.pulchripes female a few days ago and man they are awesome! And same problem here! If I had the cash for a few more....I'd go buy them tomorrow! But soon! ;)
Got an amazing deal on mine, practically free, that's the only reason I was able to get them.
Keep checking the for sale threads on the different forums. (and their reviews just in case)
Now, my slings are very small .25 inches..BUT! they are all eating burrowing and generally seem happy and healthy ^^

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Got an amazing deal on mine, practically free, that's the only reason I was able to get them.
Keep checking the for sale threads on the different forums. (and their reviews just in case)
Now, my slings are very small .25 inches..BUT! they are all eating burrowing and generally seem happy and healthy ^^
That's great! I got 3 more days before my slings arrive :)

Adraps11

3 Year Member
I'm a PC enthusiast, and I've upgraded my cpu's liquid cooling, and my Case, which took a good chunk of cash. I have funds coming in the next few days. After that I plan on ordering G. Pulchripes sling or maybe a sub-adult, I'm not quite sure yet. Luckily there's a couple who raise and sell bearded dragons, who live less than a mile from my home. They sell feeder insects at MUCH better prices than my "local" pet store which is 60 miles away. It all makes raising and providing for a new T that much easier.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No more T's for me at xmas. I've bought myself a new tv sound bar and a dyson DC40 lol.

Thistles

3 Year Member
My step dad got me a few tarantulas for Xmas, but he let me order them myself on Black Friday to save money and get good deals. He didn't know what a good deal is or what I wanted, so he basically gave me a dollar amount and let me get what I want.

What a nice guy =)

I'm too short on disposable income to get more for myself right now unless there happens to be a really good deal.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
For Christmas in getting myself another set of shelves, and rearranging my inverts. I'm gonna have to cap my purchases for awhile, I really am running out of space..I have plenty to keep me occupied;)
I'll have to do that too if I get any more Ts. The 6 I have now (or will have this week) take up all my space.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You guys just made me think about the fact that these babies will eventually need bigger homes...
Lol yes! Once that dawned on me the drive to get more lil ones quickly died. In going to be creating a new shelving area over the holidays I think. I just looked at the small shelves they're on and the only room left is floor level. As drafty as this rental is I don't dare put them on the floor.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I had to put a new roach colony on top of my Lp's tank temporarily. This morning she was upside down right under the heat mat :/ More shelves tomorrow though :) No more climbing behemoths..she's not exactly docile at the best of times, so slowly flipping the lid and herding her back to the ground was quite amusing. Not an obliging girl, but I love her spirit :)