• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beth

Bethan567

The curly hair setup is fine. I would move the red knee to an enclosure/setup like the curly hair is in. You can purchase those at most pet shops or online. The B. hamorii (red knee) looks too big to be in the enclosure it is currently in. Just make sure the substrate (soil) is dry for both of these species.
Do u reconmend any other substrate. I use vermiculite at the bottom give that a good squirt of water. Then the sub on top.(spiderlife is the substrate) Am I not putting enough in for the spiders to burrow? Looking at it I don't think I have. I think the hide is even now a bit small. To be honest the hamorii only shed again March gone and didn't realise quite how big she has got.(going by shop again saying it to be female and I don't know how to check) what about spraying them every day just a little?

Bethan567

I keep my house between 72-75 f and all of my tarantulas are just fine in room temp. :)
Thank you. Did buy a room temp gage but it was crap and stopped working after a bit now I don't have 1.do u suggest anything good as in temp control..... What about heat mats..... I've heard negatives about using those tho as they can get too hot on 1 side. X

Bethan567

Do u reconmend any other substrate. I use vermiculite at the bottom give that a good squirt of water. Then the sub on top.(spiderlife is the substrate) Am I not putting enough in for the spiders to burrow? Looking at it I don't think I have. I think the hide is even now a bit small. To be honest the hamorii only shed again March gone and didn't realise quite how big she has got.(going by shop again saying it to be female and I don't know how to check) what about spraying them every day just a little?
Thank you again. X

Seamus

3 Year Member
Thank you. Did buy a room temp gage but it was crap and stopped working after a bit now I don't have 1.do u suggest anything good as in temp control..... What about heat mats..... I've heard negatives about using those tho as they can get too hot on 1 side. X
Heat mats are a no no you could end up killing your tarantula as long as it's not really cold in your room 70 -75 should be fine

Bethan567

I would love more but I got a Brazilian white sling. Did Brill for 4 mths. Had a bad shed as I watched it. Its back legs buckled and died. Haven't tried again
I would love to buy more and you said u could suggest some breeders as I would rather do it that way than go back to the shop. What would u suggest as a new sling and would I be able to rant lol at any time of day or night if I was stressing out. Don't want to go through another dying. Every 1 else seems to be OK with slings. As I'm having to move the t's I have into a locked room now and out of the viv as its too small I have plenty of room for more. But really need to learn..... And can only do that by having them. Have plenty of room now but the only way I kept my sling alive was to really wet the vial. Needed a lot of moisture. Brazilian white. Died at 4mths. X

Seamus

3 Year Member
Spiderlife, coco coir are fine substrate for your tarantula usually with a depth of around 4 or 5 inch. No need to spray substrate every day as they like it dry just use a water dish and overflow it now and again

Bethan567

Heat mats are a no no you could end up killing your tarantula as long as it's not really cold in your room 70 -75 should be fine
Thanks. Now I have plenty of room for more. Is there any good breeders u could suggest pls. But I don't want another sling dying my Brazilian white was 4 mths old dying. Need to learn but can only do that with experience. And would look up on any new t. What would u suggest as a new 1

Seamus

3 Year Member
I would love to buy more and you said u could suggest some breeders as I would rather do it that way than go back to the shop. What would u suggest as a new sling and would I be able to rant lol at any time of day or night if I was stressing out. Don't want to go through another dying. Every 1 else seems to be OK with slings. As I'm having to move the t's I have into a locked room now and out of the viv as its too small I have plenty of room for more. But really need to learn..... And can only do that by having them. Have plenty of room now but the only way I kept my sling alive was to really wet the vial. Needed a lot of moisture. Brazilian white. Died at 4mths. X
Rant all you want that's what were here for. As for a new sling I would recommend talking to @ phil on this forum comes highly recommended and will help you choose . At the moment he has quite a few for sale

Seamus

3 Year Member
What is coco coir and do u put that in with the spider life or separate?
Coco coir is coconut fiber substrate you can buy it in block form or ready to use bags which are slightly dearer. I mix spiderlife with coco fiber but spiderlife on it's own will be fine or coco coir on it's own

Latest posts