• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

b. smithi molt question

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Great advice from @Casey K. When you know a spider is in premoult higher temps and humidity seems to make the process a lot easier in my experience also.

I increased my temps in the spider house recently (mainly to coincide with warmer months plus.I have 2 females sitting on sacs atm) I have also been running a humidifier to keep humidity at about 70 to 75% in case the heater dried things out too much.

No coincidence that I have had a lot of successful (and some unexpected) moults recently.

Certainly does no harm but as others have said, especially for arid species, this is just a one off to help moulting, 'normal' conditions of dryish coco fibre with the overflowed water dish is normally fine for most species.

Look forward to OP sending pics in his or her new 'clothes'

Adelerella

3 Year Member
So finally this morning it was on it's back. It is now successfully molted, but not in a position to get a good photo of its silky, furry new self. But that whole process was mentally exhausting.

Adelerella

3 Year Member
Thought I attached this.

Attachments

• 20200709_105328.jpg
    20200709_105328.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 8