• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B. Albopolisom is a true buldozer!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Terrestrial Ts are not good climbers and can fall so anything hard can hurt them, sometimes fatally, if they land on it.

bookac

3 Year Member
Terrestrial Ts are not good climbers and can fall so anything hard can hurt them, sometimes fatally, if they land on it.
I will see what I can do, I will find bigger box, so the rock will be away from the walls, and also the rock is made from plastic, so I guess is not that hard as real rock..

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I will see what I can do, I will find bigger box, so the rock will be away from the walls, and also the rock is made from plastic, so I guess is not that hard as real rock..
I put real rocks in my enclosures. I'm sure it's good advice from Enn49 and Chubbs, they're just covering all the bases, I just never had a terrestrial fall and hurt it's self. Maybe I'll change my mind if it ever happens, but I tend to believe they can take care of themselves, to some extent. I see the reasoning behind it, It's just not my style of keeping. My OBTs, both GBB's , my big female Lp, vagans, genic and porteri all have either flat rocks to stand on or large rocks that take up a good section of the enclosure. I've noticed they like them, as they stand on them or crawl on them a lot. I also like the look of them. But, I put a lot of green leafy plastic plants in as well, and I've noticed spiders will naturally use the plants to get up and down if they're climbing for some reason, like right now as I type this the big male Lp is on his plants, near the top of the enclosure. But it's only about 7 inches from the substrate to the top, and he's got at least a seven or eight inch legspan...so it's a very minimal drop. I did recently add about 4 inches of substrate to my female Lps enclosure...she's hugely fat and I don't want her falling, in case it gets too humid in here and she gets climby. In other words, as long as there's not a long drop, they should be fine. It's certainly not wrong to be cautious though.

Latest posts