• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B. Albopolisom is a true buldozer!

bookac

3 Year Member
I know this is a common thing for B. Albo, but when you experience it at your own eyes, its so cute, that looks like she/he has some personality, and want some privacy [emoji14].
He/she fromt the start of putting her in the enclousure started to dig substrate and put it infront of her entrance. I just removed the substrate from the entrance, so I can see her just once, and the next morning she double the size of the blocade :D I love her/him :D and I will never again try to rearange the enclousure without his permision :D

wWHzcJo.jpg

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Only had mine about a week and I'm entranced with the little thing. It's managed to completely excavate an entire corner of the enclosure and rests down there. It's perfect as I have a clear view. It still rearranges things continuously. I could cheerfully have several of these slings. Not to mention it loves to eat lol

bookac

3 Year Member
Only had mine about a week and I'm entranced with the little thing. It's managed to completely excavate an entire corner of the enclosure and rests down there. It's perfect as I have a clear view. It still rearranges things continuously. I could cheerfully have several of these slings. Not to mention it loves to eat lol

yea, i was feeding him/her for the first time, and for the momment the roach touch the ground, she/he jump at it :D he is tinny and looks adorable when trying to be scary :D

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm going to have to keep a sling around all the time I'm going to miss it's antics when it's grown. I don't see how anyone could watch one of these little ones for a day and still not like spiders!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
True dat ^_^ I think @Enn49 is on our side aswell :D coz she has 3 Albos :D

You're so right :D. They're still lovable when they stop burrowing though, just that cuddly, bad hair day look and they're so placid. Mind I do miss the constant digging.

bookac

3 Year Member
You're so right :D. They're still lovable when they stop burrowing though, just that cuddly, bad hair day look and they're so placid. Mind I do miss the constant digging.

Looks like she/he is going to be inside his hide forever :D So much substrate at the entrance :D

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I got mine as a sexed female freebie at about two inches. She's never even attempted to burrow or build a wall :( She eats very well, but otherwise strolls around or sits there looking pretty. She completely ignores me. And she never even attempted to use the hide I gave her, so I took it out after a few months. I can touch her rear leg lightly and she won't even move, half the time. She reminds me of royalty or something. Awesome spiders. To me, if a spider could be described as a perfect beginner species, this is it. But I'm the kind that still loves the "beginner Ts" like roseas and curlys and A avics. I think I'll always be partial to them.They don't get old to me, as I move on to new obsessions, like Pamphos or dwarf species.. I don't think they ever will. I'd never consider trading them or selling them. As far as cuteness goes though, the baby and juvie avics have everyone beat, hands down :) And that creepy avic walk, throwing those front legs around, is still fascinating to me during the rare times I handle mine. It makes me smile every time.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
When do they stop borrowing? mine is 2cm, but it thinks its searching for diamonds in his cage.

At around 1-1.5" although my smallest still has a small burrow that it will dart into if disturbed.

bookac

3 Year Member
Stupid question, but should i be worried about her getting stuck in the corner while trying to climb out from there ?

RkOk7A6.jpg

Because i can move the hide a little bit so the space can open..

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Stupid question, but should i be worried about her getting stuck in the corner while trying to climb out from there ?

RkOk7A6.jpg

Because i can move the hide a little bit so the space can open..
No need bookac, she can get out of that easily. I had a juvie avic squeeze through a hole barely larger then a dime once...not exaggerating. It's fine :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@bookac It may be an idea to move the hide away from the side a bit because if the T climbs and falls it could hurt itself. Ts rarely get stuck though, they can dig themselves out of most situations.

bookac

3 Year Member
@bookac It may be an idea to move the hide away from the side a bit because if the T climbs and falls it could hurt itself. Ts rarely get stuck though, they can dig themselves out of most situations.

Hmm.. theres not much a big height, but if you said so, i will move it a bit.. so now you have worried me about my A. Geniculata.. because i have a big rock, that is close to the all edges, and there aint more space so i can move it, but i think she is big enough and i should not be worried about her..

Latest posts