• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advice please - not a pretty sight

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Personally I'd pinch grab her and cut off with scissors what you can without cutting her new legs inside the old exo. At least she will be able to move around freely. Are her fangs free??

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Personally I'd pinch grab her and cut off with scissors what you can without cutting her new legs inside the old exo. At least she will be able to move around freely. Are her fangs free??

I don't know.

Drop a wet rag on her so you can pinch grab her bum

That's a great tip, thanks.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah...it can be scary if you have never pinch grabbed one. ;)

I've never had one this bad and never needed to pinch grab before so yes, I find the thought a little daunting.
Silly really as when one of my cats pulled my P. met's tank off the dresser. smashing it and was about to pounce on her I thought nothing of grabbing her rather than the cat.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I'd put a pair of gloves on too.Workers ones - tight fitting ones with rubber underneath. I know it's a thin layer of protection, but between that and the rag, it will help.
If you don't have any to hand, your local homeware store will. I'd call it an essential trip (in these times), animal welfare emergency.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So sorry to hear/read all of this. You and the T must both be so anxious. I hope it all works out.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
She's moving around quite a lot and has been sitting in her water bowl a few times. She's looking a lot more normal than she was. I shall try feeding her a prekilled cricket in a few days.
Thank you for caring.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
She's moving around quite a lot and has been sitting in her water bowl a few times. She's looking a lot more normal than she was. I shall try feeding her a prekilled cricket in a few days.
Thank you for caring.
Hopefully she will shed again soon and everything will be fine. I sure hope so.

Latest posts