• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Zoomed reptisoil

timc

3 Year Member
Does anyone have any experience with Zoomed Reptisoil as substrate? Like a total goof I grabbed it without looking thinking it was just cocofiber but when I got home I realized my mistake. I’m sure it’s fine and i’ve read about a few other keepers using it successfully, but it advertises carbon on the label and that’s what has me worried. I think it’s just zoomed trying to get into the hot vivarium market but i’d hate to use one of my Ts as a guinea pig and have something go wrong. I’d return it but I don’t know if my store is even doing returns right now, so i’d Only be out like $12 which is whatever. I’ve been a coco fiber guy for 12 years and i’m not a fan of change. Lol

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I usually get a free bag of it when I buy one of their enclosures. Two of my hamorii and a chalcodes have been on it for over two years.
If you have a moisture dependent setup with springtails they love the carbon.
I usually mix it with a little coco fiber though. The free bag isnt enough for a spider enclosure.

Jim_in_PA

Does anyone have any experience with Zoomed Reptisoil as substrate? Like a total goof I grabbed it without looking thinking it was just cocofiber but when I got home I realized my mistake. I’m sure it’s fine and i’ve read about a few other keepers using it successfully, but it advertises carbon on the label and that’s what has me worried. I think it’s just zoomed trying to get into the hot vivarium market but i’d hate to use one of my Ts as a guinea pig and have something go wrong. I’d return it but I don’t know if my store is even doing returns right now, so i’d Only be out like $12 which is whatever. I’ve been a coco fiber guy for 12 years and i’m not a fan of change. Lol

$12 for a little bag of that stuff ? No thank you, I will stick to the $2 huge bag of standard dirt/topsoil.