• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Would anyone be interested in reviewing any of my wildlife education & comedy slideshow videos?

Tyler Kuykendall

3 Year Member
Here’s my list of chapters, divided into five slideshow videos. I have more chapters planned, but here’s what I have so far. Some chapters have more humor than others.

Pick which ones you’d be interested in watching, if not all of them. I’m interested in doing some sort of public speaking about wildlife conservation whenever this pandemic simmers down.

Chapter [__1__] reptiles (snakes, turtles & iguanas, in particular)
Chapter [__2__] amphibians

Chapter [__3__] wolves, hyenas, coyotes
Chapter [__4__] Big Cat Safety Act; roadside zoos; wildlife in circuses; pit bull bans vs. legalities of owning big cats as pets or for commercial gain

Chapter [__5__] conservation of ungulate prey for big cats; humor about cheetahs’ lack of strength for fighting to keep their kill (with education value)
Chapter [__6__] African (& Asiatic) wild dogs; canid & hyena relationships vs. big cat relationships; non-big cat species

Chapter [__7__] American bison; national mammal & national bird symbolism (U.S.)

Chapter [__8__] lion vs. elephant ‘king/queen of the beasts’ educational & humorous bit, also involving horses
Chapter [__9__] vultures & ravens (but mostly vultures)

Tyler Kuykendall

3 Year Member
I wouldn't want clips/videos to take up too much time if they don't really add any educational value, if I were to discuss and present this slideshow publically like I'm interested in doing.

Thank you for the feedback.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks for asking, and posting. Since you asked, here is my heartfelt but also humorous and mildly scathing review. All in good fun:

The video I watched featured an anemicly crafted narration of an Encyclopedia Britanica or Nat Geo Kids-level infomercial featuring reptiles and amphibians packaged as beneficial predators/place-in-the-ecosystem members. The vocal styling seems to be fashioned after one of Randall's videos (think Crazy Nastyass Honey Badger) as if narrated by a monotonously-robotic French Stewart sound-alike, with a focus on mispronouncing the word "vee-dee-o" (video), which is ironic because all of the imagery used in the production were still images, no actual video was harmed (edited/cut) in the making of this, um, video. The ideal audience for this piece would be toddlers, non-english speakers, the incarcerated or those without internet access to reduce the risk of litigation over the unauthorized use of copyrighted images and characters; yes Caillou sues. Personally I appreciate the effort and intent of the producer and was hoping to hear an homage to the Honey Badger, perhaps a reference to "a house of bees" or a particular animal "not giving a sh1t."

Tyler Kuykendall

3 Year Member
Thanks for asking, and posting. Since you asked, here is my heartfelt but also humorous and mildly scathing review. All in good fun:

The video I watched featured an anemicly crafted narration of an Encyclopedia Britanica or Nat Geo Kids-level infomercial featuring reptiles and amphibians packaged as beneficial predators/place-in-the-ecosystem members. The vocal styling seems to be fashioned after one of Randall's videos (think Crazy Nastyass Honey Badger) as if narrated by a monotonously-robotic French Stewart sound-alike, with a focus on mispronouncing the word "vee-dee-o" (video), which is ironic because all of the imagery used in the production were still images, no actual video was harmed (edited/cut) in the making of this, um, video. The ideal audience for this piece would be toddlers, non-english speakers, the incarcerated or those without internet access to reduce the risk of litigation over the unauthorized use of copyrighted images and characters; yes Caillou sues. Personally I appreciate the effort and intent of the producer and was hoping to hear an homage to the Honey Badger, perhaps a reference to "a house of bees" or a particular animal "not giving a sh1t."
I appreciate your honesty. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the use of images be considered fair use when used for non-commercial education, commentary and parody?

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I appreciate your honesty. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the use of images be considered fair use when used for non-commercial education, commentary and parody?
That depends on the image and publisher/owner.

Anything in the public domain should be safe but the best course of action is to ask permission if you can find the owner and describe your intended use

Latest posts