• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wondering if anyone has started a collection of bad t. videos?

Crax

Just like the title, was wondering if there were a collection of bad tarantula videos.

Bad keeping, misinformation, horrible mishaps due to careless human error, and more... I think you get the idea.

I wanted to know if there was a thread already done, if not, I would like to start one. I would love go give visual examples to those new to the hobby a "What Not To Do". Plus something for us with a little experience something to discuss over. I know there are many videos out there.

If there isn't, where would I start it? Would anyone be interested?

FishermanSteve

3 Year Member
I try to focus more on what keepers are doing right and watch videos that increase my knowledge and better my husbandry. I would be interested in a thread where we could post our favorite videos.

Crax

I try to focus more on what keepers are doing right and watch videos that increase my knowledge and better my husbandry. I would be interested in a thread where we could post our favorite videos.

I like that but I could argue (being a devils advocate), how do you know what they are doing is right? Unless it's been proven to be wrong in the past. Showing mistakes is a really great way to learn.

I would love to show the good and the bad. So how about a thread showing tarantula videos in general?

There are absolutely tons out there but much of it has been bad or plainly misinformed.

I'm off for the winter, so I wanted to do something constructive with my time.

FishermanSteve

3 Year Member
I like that but I could argue (being a devils advocate), how do you know what they are doing is right? Unless it's been proven to be wrong in the past. Showing mistakes is a really great way to learn.

I would love to show the good and the bad. So how about a thread showing tarantula videos in general?

There are absolutely tons out there but much of it has been bad or plainly misinformed.

I'm off for the winter, so I wanted to do something constructive with my time.

The thing I like about this forum is that everyone tries to keep the environment polite and uplifting even when correcting another keepers husbandry. I just fear it would turn into a thread bashing other keepers. That’s just my opinion though.

Crax

The thing I like about this forum is that everyone tries to keep the environment polite and uplifting even when correcting another keepers husbandry. I just fear it would turn into a thread bashing other keepers. That’s just my opinion though.

Never mind I shall drop it then. Since you have already proven the point of how it would be misinterpreted.