• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Window Heating Red Runner Roaches

Seekeroftruth

It's the middle of summer and I thought of a way to get my red runner roaches to breed. Don't know if it will work. If it's 70 degrees fahrenheit in my house, i estimate it to be 76 degrees in my bedroom (gets hot in here), and maybe 80 degrees on the inside of my window curtain up against the window. I have my red runners on the inside of that curtain against the window. Has anyone ever tried this? I'm wondering if a thermometer might be necessary. My meal worms were breeding in the 70 degree part of my house and I recently put them in my bedroom (76 degrees) on a high shelf where heat rises and they are still breeding just fine. I'm wondering if it's even necessary to keep the red runners against the window or if they would still breed just in my bedroom somewhere. If anyone has experience with a red runner colony, I would love some input. I just received the red runners a few days ago and I've never bred anything besides mealworms in my life.

Latest posts