• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Why you hide..

Roo

3 Year Member
My B. Vaganas molted recently and the orange/red hairs on it's body are really standing out.. But I can't coax her out for a picture :(

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
wait till feeding time and prekill the prey and leave it out near the opening maybe?

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
thats just the nature of the little beasties sometimes...but such is the life of a spider.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My B. Vaganas molted recently and the orange/red hairs on it's body are really standing out.. But I can't coax her out for a picture :(
Just let her come out on her own. No need to bother her trying to coax her out.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Don't know if this helps, but my juvie female vagans would be drawn to the heat mat on my dubia colony next door to her. She would always sit right up against the glass, as close to the heat as possible. When I moved the colony she went right back to sitting in her tunnel. If you have one, attach it to the wall of her enclosure, let it warm up, turn off the light and come back in an hour ;)

Latest posts