• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I had 2 moults this week :O they must be in sync :p Before this week I had never had a tarantula moult before, I am very proud of my ladies :)

The first moult was Misty but it happened inside of her burrow so I cannot retrieve it. Yesterday was Bellatrix:

View attachment 49639

View attachment 49640

Below is Bellatrix today with her new butt :D hopefully I can get a better once she's recovered and I can take the lid off again (trying not to disturb her while she heals).

View attachment 49641
did you say bellatrix moulted yesterday? (15.9.20) and you have picked her up today (16.9.20)??? Please tell me I got that wrong as notwithstanding the fact you are handling a spider which is typically frowned upon, you have done so within 24hours of a moult when the spider is at it's most vulnerable and still recovering from the moult. typically this takes 7 to 10 days for an adult and they really do need leaving alone to recover. I am not trying to be rude, but please dont handle spiders.....especially after a moult. Thank you and apologies if I misread the post as it reads as though the sequence of events are all within 24 hours.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
did you say bellatrix moulted yesterday? (15.9.20) and you have picked her up today (16.9.20)??? Please tell me I got that wrong as notwithstanding the fact you are handling a spider which is typically frowned upon, you have done so within 24hours of a moult when the spider is at it's most vulnerable and still recovering from the moult. typically this takes 7 to 10 days for an adult and they really do need leaving alone to recover. I am not trying to be rude, but please dont handle spiders.....especially after a moult. Thank you and apologies if I misread the post as it reads as though the sequence of events are all within 24 hours.
It is the moult. Underneath she says she won’t disturb her till she has recovered. The spinnerettes look off and you can see a “lip” in the back of the abdomen on the moult.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It is the moult. Underneath she says she won’t disturb her till she has recovered. The spinnerettes look off and you can see a “lip” in the back of the abdomen on the moult.
thanks...wasnt really paying attention. A bit stressed atm.

Gizalba

3 Year Member

Calm down lol, yes you got it wrong! I have never handled her, the picture is of me handling the moult - I stuffed it with cotton wool so I can mount it in a frame at some point. I picked up the moult once she was well away from it so that I didn't disturb her. But I do understand that people handling tarantulas unsafely is a big problem in the hobby and very worrying so thanks for the concern.

T-Baby

3 Year Member
F98EABC5-669D-4805-B85B-99329E18E128.jpeg
Confirmed female P. Antinous