• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
B auratum also moulted (only showing her legs atm though.)

she is hiding! I will deffo sort it though.
this is all she is giving me atm. Sometimes no matter how nice you are to them, those ladies just won't give you the best pics ;)
20200812_144055.jpg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I shared pics of B auratum moult recently. But that's not her full story. A very significant moult!

Attached picture will help explain the words that follow.

I received her on 22.10.19 and she was in a terrible state (top left). Obviously not happy and contacted the seller. Send her back was the reply. No chance! She ain't going back to more mistreatment and probably wouldnt survive another day with Royal Mail so we eventually agreed I would pay a "donation" so that I could keep her. Within 2 days (bottom left), and numerous water and feedings, she started to look better. Within 7 days (top right), you wouldn't have guessed it was the same spider but I was not counting my chickens just yet!

I wanted to wait for a moult to make sure nothing underlying was lurking and I am pleased to say on 11.8.20. She did indeed moult without any issues and there is a pic of her in all her new shining glory (bottom right) from today.

20200813_134505.jpg

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My wifes Nhandu carapoensis has molted & it does not look very good, as it is laying motionless. And my Aphonopelma seemanni has molted again & yet again it has mangled it's molt, so it remains unsexed, at this rate I won't know it's sex for sure until it either hooks out, or lives for10 years plus.

spookworm

My T Albipolosum molted recently! It was extra exciting this time around because now her legs are all back to normal.

281CBF33-60A6-42E6-B185-8CF74A5631BE.png

I got her two years ago at an expo. She was discounted for only having 6 legs, but was otherwise in good condition. Healthy, good eater. (I wanted to add a pic but I can’t find any where she had 6 legs. :’( )

She molted once last year and replaced her missing limbs with some skinny stubs. If you look at the attachment, you’ll see her two front left legs are smaller than the rest.

B46FA634-A635-4DA6-B915-29E76F1F8900.jpeg

She molted again about a week ago and her legs are now all as they should be! Tarantulas really are amazing little creatures.

35F3EF68-5B13-4FCC-AE19-64C66B108FC2.jpeg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
this is all she is giving me atm. Sometimes no matter how nice you are to them, those ladies just won't give you the best pics ;) View attachment 48444
obviously the picture in the post above was P esmeraldes that also moulted at same time and I got my threads mixed up!

So....B auratum out and about. I tried to get her as she was stretching but removing the lid caused her to move out of the stretching position which would have been a much better pic.
20200813_132701.jpg

Latest posts