• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Which Tarantula? Mexican Red Knee vs Cobalt Blue

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
As a new keeper (beginner, <1 year) I'd honestly say I think the divide is massively exaggerated. (I will add that I only have 2 ow and they are slings so don't really count ) but that's irrelevant.

All I seemed to hear when trying to get information about the hobby (before I had any at all) was new worlds are nice and sweet. Old worlds are evil . If you manage to get past this you start to find that people have old worlds they would handle and are very docile. And new worlds that they wouldn't put their hands near.

The generalisation is very misleading. I find it's closer to if your sensible enough and do your research then their is no reason you can't get a hamorii or an obt.

At the end of the day your not sleeping with the t on your pillow so if you are respectful enough to avoid the possibility of a bite then it's irrelevant what it is that's trying to bite you
Ha! I wish I were as eloquent..

Latest posts