• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

When do I remove what remains?

ALD

3 Year Member
This is maybe a weird question- but having never done this before- When I feed a cricket and and she discards the remains how long do I wait for removing it to know she is really done with it? Next day?
Thanks all!

ALD

3 Year Member
So,

I fed her Friday evening and she went after the large cricket right away. But it seems she ate the entire thing?!!! I do not see any remains. She has a great response to food. We really enjoyed watching her.

ALD

3 Year Member
So she has been putting the remains in her water bowl and we have had a good system. The most recent cricket she seems to have put under her hide which is all webbed over. I saw it when I peeked in with the flashlight. Part of me wants to go in and get it- but that would mean pulling apart webbing and lifting her hide. Pretty much taking everything apart. Do you think it's okay to leave it and maybe she'll eventually take it to her normal spot to discard or should I go in after it? I'm hoping I can just let it be, but I would like advice. Thanks

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So she has been putting the remains in her water bowl and we have had a good system. The most recent cricket she seems to have put under her hide which is all webbed over. I saw it when I peeked in with the flashlight. Part of me wants to go in and get it- but that would mean pulling apart webbing and lifting her hide. Pretty much taking everything apart. Do you think it's okay to leave it and maybe she'll eventually take it to her normal spot to discard or should I go in after it? I'm hoping I can just let it be, but I would like advice. Thanks

I'd leave it alone, she'll more than likely throw it out when she feels like it. I had an OBT that hoarded everything, cricket carcasses, moults, the lot and every few months she'd do her housework and roll everything into a big ball and leave it outside her front door for me to remove.

ALD

3 Year Member
I'd leave it alone, she'll more than likely throw it out when she feels like it. I had an OBT that hoarded everything, cricket carcasses, moults, the lot and every few months she'd do her housework and roll everything into a big ball and leave it outside her front door for me to remove.
Thanks!!! That is what I was hoping someone would say hahaha. I really don't want to tear apart her webbing and disrupt her digs. Thanks.