• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What's up with my Grammostola pulchripes??

Wimb

3 Year Member
Hey guys! Just wanted a little help with my T. I have a Grammostola pulchripes who just doesn't seem happy (or I think anyway). I recently changed it's enclosure, substrate and evan hide. It was allways a very active T. Allways somewhere diffrent in its encloser. Now tho it's just stuck in one corner and not evan using its hide. It's proped up against the glass and just doesn't move. Just hope I Havnt upset the little guy and all is ok. I've taken a photo for you to all see. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Wimb . How wet is your substrate?
If your substrate is to wet your T won't walk on it.. I put my sub on a radiator to dry it out before putting in the enclosure .
Sym.

R.NUTT

3 Year Member
After rehousing they do often act different until they have been familiarized with their surroundings. Just make sure you keep her hydrated. Don't bother with food yet as it will only stress them out. Leave it for a week or so and then see if she has settled.

Wimb

3 Year Member
It's very dry. It might be a tiny damp. But I can't tell if it is. Should I maybe try to get it bone dry? I'm using coconut coir at the moment. I read somewhere it shouldn't be totally dry because it turns to dust?

Wimb

3 Year Member
I was thinking it just might be a bit upset from the move. I changed the encloser for a slightly higher one so it has a deeper substrate aswell. Maybe I should leave him/her alone for another few days

Ghost

3 Year Member
Your substrate doesn't look to damp to me however I would add a few more inches of sub for an enclosure of that hight also if that's a rock that your T is sitting on I would move it away for the side of the tank as if the T was to fall on that when climbing it could be fatal....

Wimb

3 Year Member
That's a good point. Should I move it immediately? Or leave it settle first? What about adding substrate? I don't want to upset him/her by changing again.

Ghost

3 Year Member
I would do it now then leave the T alone for a few days and see if it settles in....

Wimb

3 Year Member
I just made a fresh batch of substrate. Il dry it out and hopefully get it done by tonight. Thanks for your help guys

Wimb

3 Year Member
Thanks for your help guys! I added more substrate (extra dry) and its seems to have done the trick! Titan has been to his/her water dish and seems more active and happy :)
I would take a picture to show you but I want to leave him/her to it and enjoy his/her new home :D

Ghost

3 Year Member
Hopefully everything should be fine now,I would leave him be for the next few days then try feeding him and he should settle in just fine...

Wimb

3 Year Member
Yeah I hope so. Luckily he's got his own room so il only be checking in on him/her from time to time. Let it chill and get used to its new home :)

Latest posts