• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What's everybody reading?

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ok so I am biased on this one! My eldest daughter has just done a commission for a new author so I am somewhat beaming with pride atm ♡ :)

So if you are interested in the supernatural, why not try this new author and obviously cos the cover is so awesome, you will be enticed to read it anyway.

Soulman

Ok so I am biased on this one! My eldest daughter has just done a commission for a new author so I am somewhat beaming with pride atm ♡ :)

So if you are interested in the supernatural, why not try this new author and obviously cos the cover is so awesome, you will be enticed to read it anyway.

Peter&jane

-19-

Finishing up "Bag of Bones" by Stephen King.

Waiting for delivery on "The Dead Zone" (also King) and "If You Tell" by Gregg Olsen. I have a massive pile of stuff to read but lately I'm not interested by it and am having issues with focusing on non-fiction. So I'm just reading a crapload of Stephen King. Nearly through all of his novels.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have just finished an old magic booklet I found on ebay called Dynamite Mentalism by George Anderson & I am part way through rereading The magical use of thought forms by Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki.

Anything paranormal / parapsychology has always interested me, thus my interest in mentalism. Mentalism being an type of magic which straddles the grey area between psychic entertainment & performance magic. The universe is a strange place where sometimes simply knowing natures patterns can make you appear to be more than you are.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
download.jpeg

It's pretty entertaining

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thought forms......like tulpas and servitors and such? Very cool.

within the occult world, the human mind is seen as the most powerful tool available & as someone who use earn my living as a hypnotist. Creative visualisation is something I have a big admiration for.

Delores is of the western quabbalistic tradition & trained under a student of Dion Fortunes.

If Tulpas interest you, have you read Conjuring up Philip, which is about a 1970's experiment in Canada where they set out to test the theory of being able to create a paranormal entity. The Scole experiment is also worth looking up too. Scole is a village on the Norfolk Suffolk boarder & in the 90's they conducted some very interesting experiments there along similar lines.

-19-

If Tulpas interest you, have you read Conjuring up Philip, which is about a 1970's experiment in Canada where they set out to test the theory of being able to create a paranormal entity. The Scole experiment is also worth looking up too. Scole is a village on the Norfolk Suffolk boarder & in the 90's they conducted some very interesting experiments there along similar lines.

No, I just was really fascinated by r/Tulpas. I actually did try creating one but what I began creating had some inadvertent issues so I simply stopped working on it and let it fade away. But I'll have to check that out once I get it together to focus on non-fiction.

E

ExMember

Finishing up "Bag of Bones" by Stephen King.

Waiting for delivery on "The Dead Zone" (also King) and "If You Tell" by Gregg Olsen. I have a massive pile of stuff to read but lately I'm not interested by it and am having issues with focusing on non-fiction. So I'm just reading a crapload of Stephen King. Nearly through all of his novels.

The Dead Zone and Firestarter are my favorite Steven King novels. That book is awesome!

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
inspired by my daughters art work that has just been used on a published book (see start of the thread) I have decided to write my own experiences of a tarantula keeper/breeder.

Not got very far at the moment but thought I would share where I have got to....
0_IMG-20200311-WA0024.jpg

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ahh...ok?
You know I'm messing with you, right?

Extreme Ownership is about OWNING the decisions you make and being able to be accountable for them, even if circumstances beyond your control prevail against you. It's a paradigm shift from the typical "not my fault" reality that many people delude themselves with in business and in life.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You know I'm messing with you, right?

Extreme Ownership is about OWNING the decisions you make and being able to be accountable for them, even if circumstances beyond your control prevail against you. It's a paradigm shift from the typical "not my fault" reality that many people delude themselves with in business and in life.
Sounds like a good read :) this was the last book I read cover to cover :)
Screenshot_20200414_215432_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Latest posts