• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What type of enclosure and substrate

CrossCountry

Hi,
I just got a Brazilian White Knee. It is currently about 2” big and came in a small round tupper box. The substrate is very hard. Too hard to dig. Question, is the current container too small and the substrate too hard and can I move it in the bigger enclose. Surely in the wild they have to find food as well and it is not presented to them on a plate. Photos attached. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8459.jpeg
    IMG_8459.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8460.jpeg
    IMG_8460.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8461.jpeg
    IMG_8461.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 15

Sugar Wolf

If it was me I would move him into the bigger enclosure which is okay for him to go into. He would have more room and better substrate from the looks of it plus he would have a hide and good size water dish for himself in there too. It seems a little small for him in the container and those wood chips aren't very good either he could possibly puncture himself on one of them and the substrate does look too hard.

CrossCountry

If it was me I would move him into the bigger enclosure which is okay for him to go into. He would have more room and better substrate from the looks of it plus he would have a hide and good size water dish for himself in there too. It seems a little small for him in the container and those wood chips aren't very good either he could possibly puncture himself on one of them and the substrate does look too hard.
Perfect thank you very much. I move it.

Latest posts